Homemade Cranberry Sauce is so easy and quite delicious! When my folks were in town for Thanksgiving , Mom and I thought we’d give it a go and make some homemade sauce. We loved it so much, we made two batches! Mom and I usually make a cranberry relish using a hand-crank’d old fashion food processor but after trying this, we both decided we like the cooked version even more.
We used cranberries, an apple that we grated, some apricots and orange & sugar. Super simple, took just a few minutes to come together and I don’t think I would ever buy sauce again! Sweet but tart and I know this will be great with your holiday meal and perfect on a turkey sandwiches the day after!
What do you think – you ready to give it a go?
- 3 cups whole cranberries
- 1 red apple grated with a box grater - no need to remove the peel
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- pinch salt
- In a large sauce pan add all of the ingredients; cranberries, grated apple, orange - zest & juice, the apricots, brown & white sugar, water and a pinch of salt. Turn heat to medium and stir to combine. Cook until the cranberries burst - the mixture will thicken dramatically - and stir often as all of the sugars can scorch if they get hot.
- Continue to cook and stir - 15-18 minutes and remove from heat. Allow to cool and refrigerate preferably overnight. Serve chilled
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.