Making a delicious casserole for dinner is a no-brainer. After all, the whole family loves it! However, deciding what to serve with chicken spaghetti casserole might not be as easy.
Until now, that is.
This recipe collection includes tasty sides perfect for busy weeknights, picky eaters, dwindling pantries, fancy dinner parties, and more. Any of these sides will make a great addition to your casserole dinner—no matter what you're in the mood to eat!
What sides go well with Chicken Spaghetti
Chicken spaghetti is a family favorite because it combines simple ingredients (like tender pasta, rotisserie chicken, and creamy sauce) into a satisfying weeknight meal.
Plus, chicken spaghetti bake is so versatile. You can flavor the simple recipe with just about anything! See for yourself all the options:
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole with Rotel Tomatoes is a great way to use up leftover chicken. A can of Rotel is the perfect way to add more flavor.
- Monterey Chicken Spaghetti Casserole features spinach and crispy fried onions, and gets its creaminess from easy cream of chicken soup!
- Million Dollar Chicken Casserole with Spaghetti uses Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and Mozzarella—so you know it's tasty.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole with Spaghetti Noodles is made with diced ham, sour cream, and addictive Ranch seasoning mix!
Choosing a great side dish is all about complementary flavors and textures. No matter which easy chicken spaghetti recipe you choose, a good side will enhance the rest of the ingredients, not overpower them.
Appetizers are a great way to get everyone excited for dinnertime. Plus, along with a hearty, baked spaghetti dish, an appetizer might be the only side dish you need!
- Brushetta on crostini
- Italian green beans
- Tangy green onion dip
- Spinach and artihoke dip
- Crispy twice-baked potato skins
- Italian stuffed mushrooms
- Bacon-wrapped asparagus spears
- Air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- Antipasto or charcuterie platter
- Marinated tomatoes
- Pico de gallo and chips
- Nachos and queso cheese
- Caramelized mushrooms and onions with bacon
- Sweet potato fries/chips
- Jalapeno poppers
- Fried pickles
Sometimes, the best side dishes are simple and easy—like fresh veggies! Plus, crisp, colorful salads add a refreshing pop of flavor when served alongside a cheesy chicken spaghetti casserole dish.
- Marinated cucumber salad
- Outback wedge salad
- Caesar salad
- Green goddess salad
- Caprese salad
- Shaved brussels sprouts salad
- Green salad with fruit (pictured above)
- Greek salad
- Heirloom tomato salad
- Garden salad with fresh summer veggies
- Stawberry spinach salad
- Asparagus salad
- Vegetarian cobb salad
- Chop salad with light vinaigrette
- Salad niçoise
Breads and rolls
A main course isn't complete without something to dip in it. Slices of crusty bread and fluffy rolls makes the perfect side to scoop up warm, cheesy sauce—you can clean your plate with them!
- Garlic knots
- Artichoke pull-apart bread
- Fresh rolls from a local bakery
- Baguette slices
- Air fryer garlic bread
- Ciabatta bread
- Cheese-stuffed rolls
- Rolls from frozen bread dough
- Sourdough slices
- Cast iron skillet corn bread (shown above!)
- Homemade rustic bread
- Cornbread muffins
- Easy yeast rolls for beginners
- Parmesan popovers
What's for dessert?
Many people agree that the best part of any meal is dessert! Finish off your favorite comfort foods with one of these sweet options.
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Easy s'mores bars
- Ice cream sundaes
- Strawberry fudge
- No-bake Oreo balls
- Cheesecake dip
- Fudgy cupcakes
- Easy lemon bars
- Shortbread cookies
- Chocolate Hershey pie (shown above—I couldn't help but take a bite!)
- Peanut butter cookies
What side dishes don't go with chicken spaghetti casserole
If it's your first time making a chicken spaghetti casserole, you're in for a treat! With it's melty cheese, al dente noodles, and tender chicken, you might be tempted to think that a chicken casserole recipe goes with everything.
However, these side dishes, for example, are best served with some other main meal.
- This Cream Cheese Ball is so fun to eat with friends, but is a little too heavy on the dairy to be served with chicken spaghetti casserole.
- Tender pasta and juicy chicken, what else could you want? This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is better as a main dish than a side for casserole.
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites make a great party appetizer, but since you're already eating chicken with your main, save 'em for another time.
- Gooey and flavorful, Chicken Quesadilla Dip is so addictive, but too similar to chicken spaghetti casserole to make a good side dish.
These sides are also great with...
One great thing about these side dish recipes is that they're absolutely scrumptious! Want to know another great thing about 'em? They're fabulous with plenty of other easy dinner recipes, too.
- Classic comfort food for a reason, this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole tastes like homestyle cooking and fills you up!
- A fun, fusion recipe, Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is made with simple, easy to cook ingredients—and only six of them, to boot!
- Taco Stuffed Shells are a great way to add some variety to Taco Tuesday! They're delicious and get everyone excited for dinner.