Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is filled with juicy chicken and salty ham, creamy goodness with a crispy topping! It's an easy, cheesy, and delicious weeknight dinner! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this casserole is pure comfort food and sure to become a family favorite!
Next time try the Rotel Chicken Spaghetti - it's another easy recipe everyone will love!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love and all the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store. It's the casserole version of this classic recipe!
✔️ This casserole is packed with flavor and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
✔️ This recipe is a great way to use up leftover ham from holidays or even the ham steak that you had for breakfast.
✔️ This classic chicken cordon bleu recipe in an easy main course dinner!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- 4-6 cups cooked chopped chicken - leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken, dutch oven pulled chicken, white or dark meat chicken - all are perfect for this recipe.
- diced ham
- sour cream
- shredded Swiss cheese - if you have cheese slices, that would work in a pinch.
- dijon mustard
- ranch dressing mix
- cream of chicken soup
- Ritz crackers - you can also use bread crumbs, or any crispy crackers.
This is an overview of the instructions for this easy dinner idea. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat oven. Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish or large skillet with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham, sour cream, Swiss cheese, dijon mustard, ranch dressing mix, and cream of chicken soup. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Melt butter. Combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over top of the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x9 baking dish or 10.5" x 7.5 casserole dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
The biggest difference between chicken Kiev and Cordon Bleu is that chicken bleu includes ham and chicken kiev typically does not.
The name chicken cordon bleu is French for "blue ribbon chicken." It's thought to have originated in Switzerland and was popularized in the United States in the 1960s.
Bleu in this recipe actually stands for the blue ribbon. Or award-winning.
Test kitchen tips
- I like to use a glass or ceramic casserole dish to make this recipe. You can use a metal pan though if that is what you have on hand.
- Be sure to spray your baking dish well with nonstick cooking spray so that clean-up is a snap.
- If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you can certainly do that. Just prepare the casserole and place in baking dish. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Add the crispy topping right before baking, When ready to bake just bake as directed above.
- Add more flavor to the creamy sauce by adding garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Add in some chopped veggies like mushrooms, broccoli, or onions.
- Try using a different type of cheese like mozzarella, cheddar, or your favorite cheese.
- Add a little parmesan cheese to the top of this chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe before you bake it for even more flavor.
- Use different types of crackers like saltines or gluten-free crackers, you can also use crushed fried onions, Corn Flakes or even panko breadcrumbs.
- If you don't have diced ham on hand, you can use rough chopped deli ham instead.
Refrigerate - Store leftover Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freezer - This makes a great freezer meal! Just prepare as directed and freeze in a freezer-safe, airtight container for 2-3 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge.
Reheat - Leftovers can be reheated in the oven, microwave, or even in a skillet on the stove.
The oven will take the longest to reheat but will also give you the best results. Place the casserole dish in a 350-degree F oven and heat until warmed through, about 20-30 minutes.
Looking for more great casserole recipes? You've come to the right spot for the best delicious recipes!!
- Are you in search of an easy dish that's not only filling but also family-friendly for busy nights? If so, then this Easy Chicken Chicken with Stuffing Casserole recipe. It's a classic dish that is just what you are looking for.
- Perfect for dinner time, Crockpot Chicken and Gravy is so flavorful and couldn't be easier because it's made in the slow cooker.
- Next time you are in the mood for tasty casserole look no further than this Creamy Beef and Noodle Casserole. It is filled with seasoned ground beef and tender egg noodles in a flavorful Italian tomato sauce that's baked until hot and bubbly! Your entire family will love it.
- Ham and Potato Casserole - this rich casserole has an amazing cheese sauce and is absolutely delicious!
- Do you have some chicken breasts that you need to use? This Creamy Chicken and Potato Bake is a great way to use up those chicken breasts and have a hearty comforting meal.
- Green Beans are one of my favorite side dishes to serve with a comforting chicken casserole like this one and these Steamed Green Beans are simple to make and are always a family-favorite side dish.
- I love to serve a green salad with this great casserole recipe. The whole family with love the light and healthy flavors of this Fall Harvest Salad recipe.
- Using these Rolls from Frozen Bread Dough as a side dish will make this dish an easy weeknight dinner that is sure to be a hit.
- Here's an entire list devoted to What to Serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu, be sure to check it out!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 4-6 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing mix
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10.5" x 7.5-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, ham, sour cream, Swiss cheese, dijon mustard, ranch dressing mix, and cream of chicken soup. Spread into prepared pan.
- Combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over top of chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. If the crackers start to over-brown cover with aluminum foil.