Whether you’re planning a party or a cozy family meal for St Patrick’s Day you’ll find the perfect recipe right here! From appetizers to drinks – soups and salads, main dish or dessert, everything you need to plan the BEST menu for your potluck!
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Potlucks
Table of contents
Irish Drinks for St. Paddy’s Day
A few more tasty options are Shamrock Shake Shooters made with vanilla ice cream, Irish Whiskey, mint flavoring and tinted green, are sure to be the hit of the party!
St. Patricks Day Appetizer Recipes
Whether you’re having a fancy party or a potluck where everyone brings their favorite dish you’ll need some finger food. People love to graze! Here are some especially delicious appetizers to try and enjoy!
- Rueben Skewers – I love everything about these tasty skewers! Think mini sliders without the bun and the sauce is over-the-top delicious!
- Hot Ruben Dip – All the flavors of the classic sandwich in one easy, piping hot dip, this will be a crowd favorite!
- Steak and Ale Mini Pies – the perfect bite of tender beef and sauce all tucked into pastry – yum!
- Corned Beef Sliders – gooey Swiss cheese, deli corned beef, homemade Russian dressing and sauerkraut – easy to make and delicious!
- Rueben Deviled Eggs – Traditional deviled eggs transformed by adding corned beef and sauerkraut – you will gobble these up!
Side Dishes for your party!
Now we’re in my area of expertise! You know I love a great salad or side dish. I love all of those great dishes that bring a meal together. Here are some of my favorites St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Potlucks!
Colcannon is a classic side dish with potatoes, cabbage and bacon. Bacon? YES! It’s almost a meal in itself and leftovers keep for up to five days in the refrigerator. It reheats beautifully in the oven. This one is hearty and delicious!
Steakhouse Salad – though not classically “Irish” this salad has enough green in it to pass as a great side to have for most any party. Hands down the best salad recipe I have, this will be perfect to serve as a side.
Classically Irish, Roasted Carrots are another great choice. Roasting carrots makes them sweet and delicious. It’s an easy side dish that add tons of flavor and color to your table.
Irish Soups and Stews
And another favorite of mine are soups and stews – you know I love a good bowl of soup! It warms your soul and fills your belly.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup slowly simmers making for tender meat and vegetables in this delicious soup.
- Irish Guinness Beef Stew – Hearty and delicious, this is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Creamy Irish Leek and Potato Soup – savory and delicious this satisfying soup is served with lots of crispy, crumbled bacon bits!
- Irish Lamb Stew – Packed with deep rich flavor and hearty ingredients this is a satisfying soup!
Super Easy One Pot Meals
- Shepherds Pie – rich gravy with tender lamb and vegetables tucked under creamy mashed potatoes – delish!
- Dublin Coddle – an Irish one-pot meal made with tender potatoes, sausage and onions, this is a rich filling stew.
- Bangers and Mash – classic Irish Pub food, this is a must make for your St. Patrick’s Day Potluck!
- Leftover Corned Beef Casserole with Cabbage – combine your leftovers into one super easy dish on day two!
Irish Bread, Scones and Muffins
Because whether you’re looking for a bread to sop up the last of your soup or plan on enjoying it with butter, here are several great recipes. Big on flavor and mouthwatering. Nothing is better than homemade bread!
- Blue Ribbon Irish Soda Bread Recipe – a sweeter version of Irish Soda Bread with raisins and sugar.
- Irish Brown Bread – Perfect plain or with some marmalade, jelly, or butter!
St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipes – something for everyone!
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Cake – creamy and rich, a boozy cheesecake with a touch of chocolate and a generous pour of Bailey’s Irish Cream!
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie – vanilla ice cream, mint chip ice cream with layers of Oreo cookies in between – you will be popular if you make this!
- Layered Rainbow Jello – this is SO FUN!!! What kid wouldn’t enjoy this? Click thru and check it out!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie – Chocolate Chip cookies with a hint of mint, tint them green for a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat!
- Milk Stout Fudge Brownies with Irish Cream Buttercream – WOW! Over the top and amazing!
- Chocolate Covered Leap-rechauns and Pots of Gold – these cookies are so cute!
- Mint Shamrock Cheeseball – this sweet cheeseball is filled with sweet making it a a delicious sweet treat – perfect for a buffet!
I love making round-ups of recipes and I hope you’ve found a yummy new recipe to enjoy! For more holiday recipe check out these blog posts!
- Mexican Party Food Ideas!
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes NOT Cooked in the Oven
- Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes!
- Instant Pot Side Dishes
What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day Recipes?