Here's your FREE Weekly Meal Plan for Week 21, May 23 - May 29. Don't let dinner time be a daily crazy event! It's hard, right? I hope these menus are helping you to stay on budget and save time in the kitchen!
If you have any suggestions or needs, let me know. I'd love your input. Together we can enjoy delicious affordable meals!
Table of contents
- Meal planning and prepping tips
- May 16
- May 17
- May 18
- May 19
- May 20
- May 21
- May 22
- Meal Planning Worksheet
- Related Recipes
Meal planning and prepping tips
If you're new here...
Every week, I share a free meal plan for you to use the following week. You'll have seven main dish recipes, along with a few extras and of course dessert.
Typically the weekly meal plans are named by number of the week and date. For example, if the plan is for the first week of January, I'll name it Weekly Meal Plan 1 - Jan 3-9. Next year the plans will be updated for the corresponding dates and tasty new recipes!
Don't forget - if you have a busy day and plan on eating out, just drop a day off the menu and adjust the meal plan to fit YOUR busy life!
Weekly Meal Plan 21 - shortcuts and tips
- The tri tip can be seasoned up to two days ahead and will actually taste even better! Use your favorite grill seasoning or this recipe, it's delicious!
- The Nicoise Salad ingredients are best enjoyed cold. This means the day before (up to three days before, boil the potatoes, green beans and eggs, that way when you're ready to toss the salad together, that part of the meal is done!
- You could easily double the batch of Chili Mac and Cheese and freeze a whole meal for those days you don't want to cook!
Stretch your budget - tips for meal planning
I have some quick tips for meal planning today for you to quickly review and apply what works best for you!
- Leftovers - don't discard your leftovers, they are terrific for lunch the next day, or even breakfast! If you're not going to eat them right away, then be sure to pop them in the freezer.
- Focus on your core recipes - if there is a recipe your family really enjoys (chili, hot dogs, potato soup, tacos etc. keep it in the rotation! Making that meal once a month or every couple of weeks reduces the stress of planning something new.
- Mix it up! Maybe once a month or once weekly travel the world with a new culinary experience! Italian, China, Japan - you name it! I belong to a Mom food group and some do Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti night and other fun themed meals. Trying something new expands our taste buds and experiences!
- I think my best tip is to not be a short order cook. Nothing removes the joy of cooking more than making a different meal for each family member.
Got a tip for me? Please comment below, I'd love to hear it!
Grilled Tri Tip
Sunday is a perfect day for a simple meal on the grill. Tri Tip is a relatively new cut in many areas of the country, but here in Cali, it's been around for a long time.
Cooked correctly, grilled tri tip is super tender and flavorful. It doesn't take that long to grill either. What a delicious cut of meat!
Yummy side dishes are grilled vegetable foil packets, BBQ Pasta Salad (love this recipe!), grilled asparagus, there's such a variety for grilled steak! I'd also make a pan of sautéed mushrooms - so easy and so good!.
Sausage and Okra Soup
If you've never had Okra, THIS is the recipe to try! This soup is hearty and meaty. The okra gives a burst of flavor with every bite. You can use fresh or frozen okra - enjoy!
Okra Soup is delicious! This recipe is super popular and I'm excited for you to give this a try!
Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Everyone loves these Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs, they are amazing!
If you've never tried making homemade teriyaki sauce, then start with this recipe. It's simple & delicious and you'll never buy store-bought again!
Serve something simple with it like steamed rice or a baked potato - super yummy meal!
Vanilla Ice Cream
Churned, creamy and rich is the best way to describe my recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream! This is ridiculously good.
Make a batch (or two!) so you'll have some in the freezer. This makes the BEST coke and root beer floats too!
Meal Planning Worksheet
Click on the link below to download a PDF of the meal planning worksheet so you can easily make notes and your grocery list for this week's recipes!