30 Minute Chili Mac and Cheese - a recipe I promised several weeks back and I'm sorry for the delay! I really wanted to release this over the holidays but well....you know....life happened...then the holidays happened....now we are here already in 2016. Wow, how did that happen? 😀
If you're a fan of noodles and beef, be sure and try this recipe for creamy ground beef noodle casserole next, it's delicious!
Anyway....the reason I wanted to release this last month is because I remember during the holidays I'd be sitting at the little kid table, which in our case was a card table (and this is a perfect recipe for kids - big & little ones!). My brother would poke me - I would tattle on him, I would kick him - he would make faces at me and our folks would ignore us and laugh. It always seemed like the adult table was more fun than the card table, but now that I'm grown I think they were laughing about our moronic behavior - Don and I were mischievous and quite the handful back then!
Even as a child I was always looking ahead and rarely took the time to be in the moment. I guess it makes sense when you're a kid, but now that I'm an adult it's time to slow down.
Speaking of being in the moment, Chili Mac and Cheese will definitely want to make you slow down and enjoy every bite! You're going to love this one - big kids, little kids will stand in line for their second helping and all will clean their plates! Chili Mac and Cheese is one of the best tasting recipes I've created. AND it's super easy and quick, a 30 minute meal.
Chili Mac and Cheese
- ½ red onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni dried
- 1 cup velveeta cheese cubed
- In a large heavy bottom stock pot begin by heating the olive oil. When it is hot, add the chopped red onion & bell pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to soften. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the hamburger meat, breaking it up, stir until browned. Drain the fat.
- Drain the kidney beans add them to the stock pot along with the can of fire roasted tomatoes. Add all of the spices salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder and cumin. Stir well to combine. Add the beef broth and increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil add the pasta and velveeta cheese. Return to a boil and set the timer for 7 minutes. Stir constantly during the entire 7 minutes. If you don't the cheese will clump together and stick to the bottom of the pan! Once it gets a good boil going, reduce the heat to medium. It will thicken and become creamy and cheesy.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.