Making this easy recipe for Tacos Al Pastor starts with your slow cooker and lots of authentic Mexican spices! Savory tender pulled pork tacos made in the slow cooker topped with diced fresh pineapple salsa.
Next time try Crockpot Crack Chicken - filled with bacon, tender chicken and cheese!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
Tacos al Pastor is super easy to make in your crockpot. This simple meal is one that will have the family heading back for seconds. It makes the most tender meat for taco night and will quickly become a family favorite!
It makes the BEST leftovers! This traditional al pastor meat is and can be used for BBQ Pork Pizza, quesadillas and pulled pork sandwiches!
- boneless pork shoulder roast - you can also substitute pork tenderloin or pork loin
- yellow onion or red onion
- tomato sauce or enchilada sauce
- fresh lime juice or lemons - orange juice would also work!
- salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder
- fresh pineapple slices or canned juicy pineapple slices (be sure to save the juice)!
- corn or flour tortillas
- Place the roast in the crockpot.
- Pour over the al pastor marinade.
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings overtop.
- Place the slices of sweet pineapple or the peel of a pineapple on top of the pork rind side up.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours until the pork is fork tender.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- This is the 6 quart Crockpot that I use. It's really simple to use and it's portable as well. I love that!
- These meat claws make it easy to shred the pork.
Tacos al Pastor roughly translated means pork that has been marinated, roasted and thinly sliced. Often times marinated with citrus and that's where the pineapple comes in. Shredded pork is perfect for tacos, quesadillas and pizza!
The story of these tacos might surprise you! They originated from Mexico, but the method is actually from Lebanon and originated in the early 1900s. To learn more, click here!
Pork shoulder is best. It's an inexpensive cut of meat that gets super tender and succulent as it slowly cooks in the crockpot.
When the meat is cooked, use two forks or meat claws to shred the cooked marinated pork.
If you use a fresh pineapple use the remaining pineapple to make homemade salsa!
Spice up the pork by adding minced chipotle peppers to the crockpot as it simmers and cooks all day. Go light! They can be spicy!!
Allow leftovers to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to four days.
The cooked pork can be frozen up to three months.
How do you enjoy tacos? We love shredded cabbage, thinly sliced red onions and a little salsa. Tacos are one of my favorite meals!
Enjoying your tacos with Cilantro Garlic Sauce is another tasty topping.
Here are some recipes that go really well the pork al pastor!
- Chicken Chimichanga Recipe - everyone loves these!
- Black Beans - perfect with this meal! Get step-by-step directions how to cook black beans here!
- Southwest Salad Recipes - light and easy to make this is a delicious salad!
Serve the slow cooker tacos topped with chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and plenty of pineapple salsa.
- Baja Fish Tacos - easy to make and completely delicious!
- Barbacoa Beef Taco Recipes - these tacos are slowly roasted in the oven for a delicious flavor!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos - another easy weeknight meal!
- Dirty Rice and Black Bean Tacos - great flavor, these are a wonderful vegetarian option!
- Easy Shrimp Tacos - topped with a spicy slaw these are delicious tacos!
- Vegetable Tacos - Simple to make and roasted in the oven - yum!
- Veggie Tacos with Avo Lime Sauce - Creamy sauce tops these cauliflower tacos - one of my favorites!
And if one of those didn't tickle your tastebuds, be sure to try the Taco Salad Casserole next!
If you're looking for a taco recipe.... pretty sure I have it here on the blog! 🤣 and for that matter check out this post with 50+ Mexican Food Recipes!
This is such a great meal, I hope you give it a try soon! What's your favorite tacos?
Tacos al Pastor
- 4.5 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 1 yellow onion cut into thick slices
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 limes juiced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 20 ounces pineapple slices along with pineapple juice from can
- flour or corn tortillas
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pork roast into the crock pot.
- Pour the tomato (or enchilada) sauce over the roast.
- Sprinkle the spices over the roast, top with the sliced pineapple skin
- Cover and slowly roast for 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high
- When the meat is cooked, use shred the meat with forks. Serve with tortillas and salsa.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
My love hate relationship with pineapple continues with this How to make Tacos al Pastor Recipe!
You remember that, right? The story behind my pineapple salsa recipe? For many, many years (all of my life actually!) pineapple has not been my thing.
Ain't no way, ain't no how!
BUT just when you think you know exactly how things are you get a big surprise and that's where this recipe came about!
The pork shoulder is sprinkled with spices, onions - topped with the rind of the pineapple, then slowly cooked all day long until succulent and tender!