Vegetable Tacos #MeatlessMonday #30 Minute Meal
I’m a temptress. Yes it’s true!
But it’s not what you think…
When I was visiting Sacramento a couple weeks ago my buddy Jessica invited me for dinner. I introduced you to Jessica about a year ago – she’s was my running buddy when I lived in Sacramento and is a dear friend.
Jessica said we were going to make veggie tacos and I thought that sounded terrific!
As we were prepping and getting dinner together though she said she would not be eating them because she had started a new diet. In addition to being a gluten free vegan, today was her fourth day into a raw diet.
Well that was totally cool with me, Jessica is very dedicated to her diet and if that works for her, terrific! But these tacos were so good…. My job was to sauté and season the veggies and in her cupboard I found lemon pepper seasoning, cumin, coriander, salt & pepper – perfect! We had everything I needed….and boy did they smell good! I’m pretty sure after sampling a veggie (or two!) I said to Jessica, I just don’t know how you’re not going to eat these, they are so yummy! She smiled and went back to chopping her salad.
And then there were the tortillas! I toasted them on the stove to give them a bit of a char (if you’re ever making tacos at home and want that restaurant taste….toast the tortillas – open flame works terrific and it only takes a few seconds per side) and boy do they smell good when they are toasting (here’s that temptress part again!)
As we sat down to dinner and everyone (even the kids!) raved over the tacos, Jessica caved – though she passed on the tortilla – her salad was piled high with all these delicious vegetables. Sautéed peppers – green and red, squash and carrots – all combine for a crunchy mouthwatering taco! It’s an easy way to lighten up your meal and so delicious! Am I tempting you now? 😀 Happy Monday!
Vegetable Tacos #MeatlessMonday #Vegan
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 small zucchini squash
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- handful of chopped cilantro
- corn or flour tortillas
- Slice and chop the bell peppers, chop the ends off the zucchini, slice in half and cut into half moons, peel & slice the onion into thin strips, peel (if desired) the carrots and slice into small coins, mince the garlic - basically you're just getting all the veggies ready.
- Place a large saute' pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil - when hot add in the carrots first and sauté' for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soft. Add the remaining vegetable and sauté for another 10 minutes or until they are of the desired crispness that you are looking for.
- When you pull the vegetables off the heat, top them with a squeeze of lemon and stir in a good handful of chopped cilantro - the addition just brightens the flavors and makes them so savory and delish!
- While the veggies are cooking, toast the tortillas. Wrap them in foil when you are done - that will keep them warm.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!