You won't be asking where's the beef when you make this vegan nut burger recipe! This is a super tasty burger that's easy to make. No need to hunt down special ingredients either, it's flavorful and delicious!
Even the meat eaters will enjoy this meal. If you love an impossible burger, then you'll love this recipe! Be sure to be generous with the Smashburger Sauce!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ a protein rich meal
✔️ easy to make!
✔️ super yummy meatless meal!
For the exact measurements for the vegan burgers, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- cashews, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds
- carrots and garlic
- black pepper
- a little olive oil for frying
- burger buns and toppings
This is an overview of the instructions for the nut burger recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Using a Vitamix Blender or your food processor, begin by chopped the nuts. It's best to do them in several separate batches because if you put too many in at once it will gum-up the machine. Pulse and process them into a fine powder. When complete, put them into a large bowl.
- Shredded the carrots and add them to the bowl along with all of the spices. Mix everything well and shape them into burger patties.
- Heat a large skillet - I prefer non stick or cast iron skillet over medium/medium-high heat and add about a tablespoon of coconut oil. When hot, add the burgers and fry until golden brown on side one - about 4-5 minutes. Flip and do the same for side two.
- Cook each meatless burger until it's browned.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- You'll need a high speed blender - Blendtec or a Vitamix Blender. A regular blender isn't strong enough to processes the nuts into powder.
Absolutely, just wrap the burger in lettuce instead of using a burger bun.
There is too much moisture in the burger. Fix it by adding an egg yolk, tomato paste or tahini to the nutmeat.
I found oven baking dries out the burgers and makes them crumble.
You can use a variety of nuts for this recipe.
- A regular blender isn't strong enough to processes the nuts into powder. The mixture will still tastes great, but it will be crumbly and won't stick together - use it for tacos instead.
- Don't over cook the burger, they will dry out and crumble.
- This burger is best pan fried, rather than on the grill.
If there is too much moisture the burger may be crumbly -
- If you are a vegetarian add an egg
- If you are vegan substitute the egg for a "vegan" egg = 1 tablespoon flaxseed powder + 3 tablespoons warm water. Mix this together an let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes a gelatin consistency - add this to the burger mixture.
- Add a couple tablespoons of tomato paste or tahini paste to the mixture.
- Using a burger mold will allow you to tightly compress the burgers and help them stick together.
- Add breadcrumbs, rolled oats or wheat germ to help absorb excess water. Add in small amounts and check consistency.
Top your burger with your favorite fixings! Add sliced tomato, avocado, catsup, mustard and if you'd like a vegetarian meal, add a slice of cheese and slather the buns with mayonnaise, yum!
The nut mixture makes a great nutty taco as well. Add a packet of taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water to the mixture and fry just as you would taco filling.
Use a tortilla wrap for your sandwich - yum!
Fried burgers will last in the refrigerator up to three days. Reheat on the stovetop in a fry pan.
I do not recommend freezing leftovers, the nut meat will dry out in the freezer and crumble.
- This tender delicious Kimchi Burger has the yummiest flavors. Kimchi takes the place of pickles to spice up your burger.
- Cheeseburger Soup- just like a burger, but a soup, this one is a big beefy meal, packed with ground beef, cheese, potatoes and bacon, then topped with tomatoes and pickles!
- Have a hankering for black bean burgers? Homemade veggie burgers at the best!
- The BEST Turkey Burger Recipe! For those who think turkey is tasteless and dry, think again. This one brings the flavor!
- This easy to make Tomato Relish is the perfect condiment for all burgers!
- Homemade sweet pickles are perfect with the nut burger recipe. They are easy to make. No canning required!
- Top your burger with juicy mushrooms, slathered with Smashburger Sauce and a slice of cheese. My personal favorite!
- Every burger deserves a great homemade deviled egg potato salad, wouldn't you agree? Mom's recipe and it is so good!
- Sweet Potato Wedges - these are excellent, with a yummy spice rub and are so easy to make!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Nut Burger Recipe
- 1 cup cashews unsalted
- 1 cup walnuts unsalted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- 1 cup almonds unsalted
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- 2 ½ teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Burger fixins' buns, pickles, tomatoes, avocado, thinly sliced red onion, ketchup - whatever you enjoy on your burger!
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Using a Vitamix Blender or your food processor, begin by chopping the nuts. It's best to do them in several separate batches because if you put too many in at once it will gum-up the machine. Pulse and process them into a fine powder. When complete, put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Shredded the carrots and add them to the bowl along with all of the spices. Mix to combine.
- Shape them into burger patties.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat and add about a tablespoon of oil.
- When hot, place patties in skillet. Fry until golden brown on side one - about 3-4 minutes. Flip and brown side two.
- When burgers are golden brown, remove from skillet and build your burgers!