Sweet pineapple, spicy jalapenos all diced up and served with salty chips, this is a simple recipe and so tasty! If you're looking for a great appetizer at your next pool party or cookout, put this easy pineapple salsa recipe on the menu!
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
I ate pineapple and I liked it!
If you are a family member reading this, you're gasping in horror!
Debbie ate pineapple? NO WAY!
Pineapple and gum are my kryptonite! Two things I just can't stomach. Except now we're down to just one! That's why you've never seen any pineapple recipes on the blog.
Until now that is!
I've tried fresh pineapple, pineapple ice cream, fun tropical drinks and don't even get me started on pineapple upside-down cake!!! I don't like pineapple.
Easy Pineapple Salsa
I think what makes the difference is this is a savory application. There's plenty of salt and other flavors that balance the acidity and I have to say, this is delicious!
Originally I made this for Dan without the intention of putting it on the blog. But as Dan was eating, he got such a big smile. He said this is really great you definitely need to try it. AND it's blog worthy!
Skeptically I grabbed a chip and carefully scooped just one piece of pineapple onto the chip and quickly stuck it in my mouth with my eyes squeezed shut.
And waited.... huh
Best Pineapple Salsa
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
- red onion
- rice wine vinegar or lime
How to select fresh pineapple
Fresh pineapple will have a bright green crown with a firm shell. When you squeeze it, it will have a little give.
A ripe pineapple will be fragrant. Sniff the base, it should smell like pineapple! Choosing good fresh fruit will taste better in the end!
I had never prepared a pineapple before. I found this video helpful to learn how to do it right!
How to cut a pineapple
- Remove the top or crown of the pineapple and the bottom.
- Using a sharp knife slice off the skin being careful to remove all the nubs/eyes.
- Slice the pineapple in half from top to bottom, slice the halves in quarters.
- Then just slice off the core and discard.
What to serve with Salsa
- Tacos al Pastor - made in the slow cooker this is so tasty.
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs - salsa goes perfectly with sweet shrimp!
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken - my favorite chicken on the grill.
More Easy Salsa Recipes? Here are some of my favorite salsa recipes!
- Pico de Gallo - classic and delicious
- Mango Salsa - sweet and tangy
- Strawberry Salsa - perfect for a cookout
- Easy Homemade Salsa - classic recipe!
- Roasted Salsa Verde - savory and amazing
- Guacamole Dip - ridiculously rich and amazing!
How to make Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Dice the pineapple and onion.
- Mince the cilantro, jalapeno pepper, add to a small bowl.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with rice wine vinegar. Mix well.
I bet you'll enjoy this as much as we did, be sure and give it a try!
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple diced and fresh
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- ½ jalapenos seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or fresh squeezed lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- Prepare the fresh pineapple, dice the chunks into a small ½ inch dice.
- Dice the onion.
- Minced the cilantro, prepare the jalapeno pepper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and rice wine vinegar. Mix well.
- This is best when kept at room temperature.
- Serve with chips or top grilled chicken, pork or fish - enjoy!