Sweet pineapple, spicy jalapenos all diced up and served with salty chips, this is a simple recipe and so tasty! If you're looking for a great appetizer at your next pool party or cookout, put this easy pineapple salsa recipe on the menu!
Next time try this Cheesy Pineapple Casserole.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's an easy recipe.
✔️ Just minutes to make and loaded with spicy flavors.
✔️ This fresh pineapple salsa recipe is terrific on crispy tortilla chips, but also tasty over chicken, pork or fish!
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients. For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- fresh juicy pineapple
- jalapeño pepper
- red onion
- rice wine vinegar or lime
This is an overview, for detailed instructions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Dice the pineapple and onion.
- Mince the cilantro, jalapeno pepper, add to a small bowl.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with rice wine vinegar. Mix well.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pineapple salsa has a simple ingredient list - pineapple, onions, cilantro, jalapeños and often tomatoes.
Pineapple salsa is sweet with a hint of spice. It's bright and fresh and filled with tropical flavors.
It's really amazing how versatile this is - it's great on tacos, especially chicken or pork. It's terrific over fish. It's great on chips as well. Whether that's corn tortilla chips or cinnamon sugar tortilla chips - yum!
How to select fresh pineapple
- Fresh pineapple will have a bright green crown with a firm shell. When you squeeze it, it will have a little give.
- A ripe pineapple will be fragrant. Sniff the base, it should smell like pineapple! Choosing good fresh fruit will taste better in the end!
How to cut a pineapple
Here's a great video showing how to prepare a pineapple.
- Remove the top or crown of the pineapple and the bottom.
- Using a sharp knife slice off the skin being careful to remove all the nubs/eyes.
- Slice the pineapple in half from top to bottom, slice the halves in quarters.
- Then just slice off the core. Discard core and diced the pineapple into chunks.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator 3-5 days. I don't recommend freezing leftovers.
- Pico de Gallo - classic and delicious
- Mango Salsa - sweet and tangy
- Strawberry Salsa - perfect for a cookout
- Mexican Corn Casserole Recipe, perfect with chips!
- Easy Homemade Salsa - classic recipe!
- Roasted Salsa Verde - savory and amazing
- Guacamole Dip - ridiculously rich and amazing!
- Tacos al Pastor - made in the slow cooker this is so tasty.
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs - salsa goes perfectly with sweet shrimp!
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken - my favorite chicken on the grill.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple diced and fresh
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- ½ jalapenos seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or fresh squeezed lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Prepare the fresh pineapple, dice the chunks into a small ½ inch dice.
- Dice the onion.
- Minced the cilantro, prepare the jalapeno pepper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and rice wine vinegar. Mix well.
- This is best when kept at room temperature.
- Serve with chips or top grilled chicken, pork or fish - enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
I bet you'll enjoy this as much as we did, be sure and give it a try!
I think what makes the difference is this is a savory application. There's plenty of salt and other flavors that balance the acidity and I have to say, this is delicious!
Originally I made this for Dan without the intention of putting it on the blog. But as Dan was eating, he got such a big smile. He said this is really great you definitely need to try it. AND it's blog worthy!
Skeptically I grabbed a chip and carefully scooped just one piece of pineapple onto the chip and quickly stuck it in my mouth with my eyes squeezed shut.
And waited.... huh