I’ve always said Corliss’s have the most fun and no matter what it is, we can always find a fun way to have a good time! And I want to start by saying I wish I could have been home, but last weekend was my Uncle’s Birthday and he would have been 59 years old. We lost him to cancer about a year and a half ago. It’s become a tradition for the family to get together, but rather than mourn his death, we’ve chosen to celebrate his life and this year, it had a Halloween theme.
My folks Ken and Lois, Aunt Barb, Uncle Bob and lots of my cousins got together at my Aunt Shirley’s house where she put together quite the spread! Exciting things like jello brains – eek!
Fun things like cutie tangerine pumpkins!
And Ghost Bananas – oooh….scary!
But the star of the show……was the meatloaf!
Eeek! Is that gruesome or what? I had shared a picture of something similar on my facebook page earlier this month and I remember Aunt Shirley commented and said – “I’m going to make that!” and sure enough she did!
She made her favorite meatloaf, wrapped it strategically with some slices of bacon, made eyes and teeth with cloves of garlic and baked it in the oven. It was finished off with a little strategically placed ketchup!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cracker crumbs about half a sleeve of crackers saltines
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 slices bacon
- cloves several cloves of peeled garlic for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together the beef, cracker crumbs, eggs, cheese, ketchup, onion, salt & pepper. Mold into a scary mummy face. Place garlic cloves for the eyes and teeth. Wrap the bacon around the head as pictured.
- Bake for approximately 1 hr. 30 minutes or until your meat thermometer reaches 155 degrees
- After you pull it out of the oven "decorate" with an addition smear of ketchup!
Happy Birthday to Uncle Chuck, we love you and miss you! Special thanks to Dad for all of the fun pictures!! You’re my photography inspiration!!!