Everyone will want one of these spooky Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats! Easy to make they are the cutest no bake treat ever! Why make ordinary ones, these will be a huge hit! These fun treats are perfect this time of year! This will be your favorite recipe for Halloween.
Next time try Gourmet Caramel Apples!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Everything about this recipe screams fun!! If you're having a party or are looking for a great after-school snack, then this treat is for you!
✔️These are just like the classic rice krispie treats with a spooky twist!
These easy monster treats are perfect for festive Halloween fun!
For the exact measurements for these homemade treats, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Most of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. If you need the candy melts, there's a link below.
- mini marshmallows - if you prefer to use full size marshmallows you'll need 60.
- you'll need 6 cups of crispy rice cereal - it's the classic, but this treat can also be made with cheerios.
- green chocolate melts - if you're not able to get the candy melts, no problem! Substitute with green food coloring.
- salted butter
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
- meringue powder
- candy eyeballs - look for the mini eyeballs and if you can't find those, no problem! Use green m&ms and make googly eyes - so fun!
This is an overview , for the full instructions to make Rice Krispie treat monsters just scroll down to the bottom!
- Butter or spritz with cooking spray a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Next make the Rice Krispy treats.
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows. Stirring until the gooey marshmallows and butter are melted.
- Once add the green candy melts and mix until it's evenly green.
- Remove from heat and add the cereal and mix until every it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the cereal treat mixture into a buttered dish press it down firmly with a spatula or wooden spoon spritzed with non-stick coating and cool completely.
- Prepare Chocolate Royal Icing - In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine sugar, cocoa powder, and meringue powder. Mix in the milk and whisk until smooth. Fill a piping bag with a small circle tip piping nozzle.
- Decoration - Remove the rice Krispies from the baking dish and evenly cut into rectangular bars.
- Get creative when it comes to decorating your Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats! Pipe the black frosting and make hair, eyes and mouth. Make neck bolts using unwrapped mini peanut butter cups or rolo candies!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x13 Baking Dish - this one is affordable and durable!
- Package the treats individually in plastic bags - perfect for a school party!
- Wilton candy melts - they come in different colors, make sure you get the green ones!
- The easiest way to spread the Rice Krispy treats is to coat the back of a spatula with a non-stick coating (like Pam). Just spritz a bit on the back of the utensil and gently press down.
- These are perfect for halloween parties! Package individually in little plastic bags (see the link above) tied with a ribbon - so cute!
Yes, it's a delicious sweet candy treat!
The cereal came first in 1927, the treats were created in 1939
Mildred Day is credited with creating this treat in 1939. She was a Campfire group leader in Michigan and also worked for Kellogg's. After her troop sold hundreds of these treats they became a popular candy!
Instead of making royal icing you can also use melted chocolate chips or black candy melts.
- Dip the ends of the treat into melted chocolate.
- Use chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Make a smile or frown for the monsters mouth.
- Use lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks to turn these into a handheld treat!
- Wrap them individually for your kids school halloween party!
Run out of the candy eyes? Pipe little spider webs on the top of the tasty treats with frosting - so cute!
Mix it up by using white chocolate with orange food coloring or orange candy melts for Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats!
- Using candy corn for eyes and the nose will be super festive and cute!
- A round cookie cutter will make a cute little pumpkins shape. Or take a small handful of the mixture and shape into balls. Top it with a green m&m - how fun! Rice Krispie pumpkins would be another fun variation!
- Ditch the lollipop stick and use a pretzel stick instead.
- Turn these into Frankenstein Rice Krispies by adding small marshmallows for ears on each side of the "head".
You can make mummy Rice Krispie Treats by dipping the bars in white chocolate. Allow them to cool completely. Then drizzle white chocolate back and forth overlapping to make mummy wrapping. Don't forget the candy eyes!
Isn't this the perfect Halloween recipe?!!
Store the holiday treats in an airtight container on the counter. No need to refrigerate these cereal treats.
Wrap individually using parchment paper, wax paper, or plastic wrap.
- Start the party of with Mummy Jalapeños Poppers - loaded with cream cheese and bacon these are tasty and just a little creepy!
- Confetti Hot Chocolate is a great drink after the kids are done, it will warm them up after spending hours outside!
- More yummy sweet treats include Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies both start with a cake mix so it's simple to make, but it tastes like you've been baking all day!
- While you're getting ready for your party put a double-batch of pumpkin butter in the slow cooker. Not only will everyone love it, it makes your house smell amazing!
Ok, it's halloween night and you need to feed the littles before trick-or-treating right? There are a ton of super fun recipes and easy halloween treats from the blog!
- For a main dish, make Halloween Meatloaf served with Shrunken Head Halloween Potatoes (of course!)!
- Monster Eye Cookies - these nutter butter cookies are the BEST!!
- Keep it simple and make severed finger hot dogs or Mummy Hot Dogs - they are the BEST for the holiday!
- This recipe for Mummy Pot Pie is super fun as well and the kids will love it!
- Super yummy and easy to make Halloween Meatballs are perfect if you're serving finger food!
If you're having a party, I have an entire post dedicated to Halloween Fun!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- lollipop sticks
- Rice Krispies Treats
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- ½ cup green chocolate melts
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Chocolate Royal Icing
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon milk
- ½ tablespoon meringue powder
- mini eyeball candies
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows. Stir constantly until it is melted and smooth. Add the chocolate melts and continue whisking until it's melted and green!
- Remove from heat and add the cereal into the melted marshmallows and mix until every it is coated.
- Pour the crispy treat mixture into the prepared pan. Press the treats into the pan with the back of a spatula coated with nonstick spray. Allow the bars to cool completely before decorating.
- Chocolate Royal icing - In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine sugar, cocoa powder, and meringue powder.Mix in the milk and fill a piping bag with a small circle tip piping nozzle.
- Decoration - Remove the rice Krispies from the baking dish and cut into 12 servings. Place on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Pipe "hair" over the top of each bar. Place 2 small dots a bit below the hair and place eyeballs on top! Pipe a semi-circle for the mouth.
- You can also add unwrapped rolo candies or mini peanut butter cups secured by toothpicks (or frosting) on either side of his head for "bolts."
- Have fun with the decorations, this is a great time for kids to get involved and decorate the treats!
- Serve at room temperature.
- The easiest way to spread the Rice Krispy treats is to coat the back of a spatula with a non stick spray (like Pam). Just spritz a bit on the back of the utensil and gently press down.
- These are perfect for halloween parties, such a fun treat! Package individually in little plastic bags (see the link above) tied with a ribbon - so cute & fun! Or just wrap in plastic wrap.