Halloween Hot Dog Fingers – Super scary and perfect spooky “finger” food for your party! Severed finger hot dogs are fun food for your ghosts and goblins to gobble up before heading out for trick or treating!
Halloween Hotdog Fingers
We moved out to the country when I was in the third grade. I’m not gonna lie, it was scary! I didn’t know anyone and remember the kids whispering about me at recess.
Trick or Treating wasn’t a whole lot of fun either. We had to walk 1/2 mile just to get to one house!
When we lived in town it was great! We’d tromp around with pillowcases filled with piles of candy before we quit for the night!
Luckily the first year we were out there, my folks made arrangements so my friend Laurie and I could go into town and trick or treat. Laurie’s Mom planned to come out and get me and then we’d head back into town.
Sounds perfect, right?
Well Dad decided he would scare the girls, so before they got there he made a ghost out of a sheet, sat an old chair at the corner of the house and piped super scary music outside.
When they finally pulled in and got out of the car, Dad rose up out of the chair (right beside their vehicle).
Everyone screamed. Laurie peed her pants. I didn’t get to go trick or treating that year, or ever again! 🤣
Hot Dog Fingers
How do you cut a finger to look like a hot dog?
It’s really quite easy! Let me walk thru the steps:
- To make the fingernails, score the two sides of the “nail”, then straight across the top and bottom. Using a knife remove the patch to make a nail bed.
- To make the knuckles, simple score the three to four slices for each “knuckle” being careful not to slice completely
throughthe hot dog.
- Tear off the end of each hot dog to give them a “severed” look
Severed Finger Hot Dogs
This isn’t my video, but this gal did such a great job of showing how easy it is to make Halloween Hot Dog Fingers I wanted to share it with you!
And “frankly” (no pun intended) I love the “worm burgers” too – how fun!
Severed Finger Hot Dogs
How do you cook the Halloween Hot Dog Fingers?
I grilled mine because I really like the taste of a grilled dog, but can also boil them for 5-6 minutes.
You can microwave them too. Wrap the dogs in the paper towels and microwave for
More fun Halloween food and treats!
Mummy Meatloaf, caramel apples
Looking to round out your party? Here’s more Halloween Party Food!
- For the adults, be sure to serve up some Ghouls Blood Cocktails – be sure to check them out. Who wouldn’t want to toast with this fun drink!
- Flying Monkeys – remember the witch from the Wizard of Oz? Imagine her melted into a cocktail – so fun!
- For the kids, why not serve up some Hot Chocolate! Made in the slow cooker, this is so fun and festive – use Halloween sprinkles to set the mood!
- Be sure and make Spooky 7 Layer Dip
tostart off the festivities! Don’t let the name scare you away, this fun dip can be customized to fit your party!
- Graveyard Grub – a yummy snack mix delicious and fun for the holiday!
- Day of the Dead Chocolate Peanut Butter Hats are super festive and fun!
Life’s too short to take yourself too seriously, right? I hope you enjoy this fun “finger” food for your Halloween get together!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you! I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Severed Fingers Recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1/2 cup catsup
- To make the fingernails, score the two sides of the "nail", then straight across the top and bottom. Using a knife remove the patch to make a nail bed.
- Next make the knuckles, simply score the three to four slices for each "knuckle". Be careful not to slice completely thru the hot dog.
- Tear off the end of each hot dog to make them appear "severed".
- Grill lengthwise on the grill for about two minutes per side until the dogs are heated thru.
- Dip the ends in the ketchup and splatter some on the dogs and buns.
- Serve up the dogs on a big platter with additional toppings if desired. Enjoy this and have fun with it!