Super spooky, fun Halloween Finger Food! Who wouldn't want to skewer a Mummy Meatballs and give it a dunk in the sauce?!! This recipe is easy to make, perfect for your next halloween party and fun to tuck into a lunch box!
For another fun treat next time try Halloween Rice Krispie Treats!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ These are quick and easy to make using frozen meatballs, store-bought pie crust and pre-made sauce.
✔️ Mummy meatballs are tasty and fun and tasty finger food!
✔️ The perfect kid-size appetizer!
- frozen meatballs or if you want to make your own, here's my favorite recipe!
- green or black olives for eyeballs, though you can also use candy eyes or edible eyeballs for the mummy's eyes.
- pre-made pie crust, pizza dough and you can also use crescent roll dough for wrapping.
- though you can use a knife to slice the dough, a pizza cutter makes it quick and easy work!
- Slice the olives.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza slicer, slice the dough into long thin strips.
- Mummy wrap the crescent roll strips around the meatballs and tuck on the "eyeballs".
- Place the halloween meatballs on parchment lined or ungreased large baking sheet or and bake!
No pie dough? Substitute pizza or crescent dough. Either would be a great substitute!
I recommend thawing them. If they bake frozen the dough can get overcooked. It's best to thaw them first.
Place them in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until hot.
Things to know
- Sliced olives make easy creepy little eyes! Or use candy eyes, just don't place on the meatball until after they are baked. (The heat from the oven melts the eyes - eek!)
- Place small containers of warm marinara sauce on the buffet. This will avoid the dreaded double dip!
- If you want to make you Mummy Meatballs a little more substantial, thread three thawed meatballs onto skewers and wrap in dough and bake.
- Use this same method to make a classic mummy dogs!
- Leftover mummy meatballs make the BEST sub sandwiches! Reheat the meatballs on a cookie sheet or in the air fryer. Tuck them into rolls, add a generous ladle of marinara sauce and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Put them under the broiler until the cheese is melted and hot!
More halloween treats
Looking for more Halloween food? Here's a ton of easy recipes and perfect Halloween Party Food!
- If you're looking to fill bellies before trick or treating or enjoy a fun family night then here are some of my favorites! Mummy meatloaf or pot pies - both are fun and delicious and will encourage everyone to clean their plates!
- And if pizza is more what you're looking for this recipe for homemade pizza with frozen bread dough is so easy and good! The kids can make their own!
- Looking for a sweet treat to end the meal? Who wouldn't love pumpkin cookies stuffed with chocolate chips or maybe caramel apples? YUM!!! They are sticky, chewy and delicious and super delicious!
- A big platter of Halloween Rice Krispie Treats is always a hit!
How if this is an adult party, you can pick out your favorite halloween cocktail here. Happy Halloween!!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
- 14 meatballs frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 7 olives sliced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Slice the olives into rings for eyeballs. You can use black or green olives.
- Cut the pie crust into slices. They don't have to be even, in fact it's even more fun if they are varied sizes!
- Wrap strips of dough around the meatball. Add the olive "eyes" and put on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the meatballs are sizzling hot.
- Serve with hot marinara sauce.
We served these cute little meatballs Saturday night movie night with the family. They just loved them and I loved how easy they were.
Bowl Me Over
I adore your creativity, what a fun and creative way to eat on Halloween! Kids and kids at heart alike!
Bowl Me Over
OMG these are so fun! I love the pizza dough wrappers:)
Bowl Me Over
I gave these a test run today. I can't wait to take them to my daughters on Halloween. They came out perfect!
Bowl Me Over
Fun!! I'm glad you're enjoying this recipe!!
This is such a fun idea for Halloween -- tried them out this weekend just to see if I could pull off the wrapping with the pie crust and it was easier than I thought it would be!