What child (big or small!) wouldn’t love to devour a super scary mummy pot pie before heading out for trick or treating?!! These pot pies are easy to make, super savory and perfect Halloween Party Food!
Halloween Party Food
Shhhh….. don’t tell but I bet they won’t even notice that it is full of frozen veggies because they will be having soo much fun eating this meal!
Halloween is a big deal for me, always has been! When we were kids we’d dress up and do a ton of trick or treating!
Back then we’d use pillow cases for candy and would literally drag them home when they were full. And still I stand at the door every year handing out piles of tasty treats.
Dan always shakes his head – you should only give out a couple or you’re going to run out! But it’s so fun watching the kids each year, I haven’t the heart… I just buy extra candy.
So like Mummy Meatloaf – Mummy Pot Pies are easy to make and fun! These are delicious and super yummy Halloween Party Food!
BEST Halloween Party Food Ideas
Ingredients for Mummy Pot Pies
- ground beef
- frozen mixed vegetables
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- canned beef broth
- pie dough
- olives (for eyes)
Steps to make Mummy Pot Pies
- Dice the onion and saute.
- Add the hamburger and brown the meat.
- Seasoning well, add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the flour and cook until well incorporated.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the stock, stirring the entire time. Cook until the meat mixture thicks.
- Remove from heat. Ladle the mixture into small pie tins.
- Cut the pie dough into narrow strips and lay haphazardly on the pies. Don’t forget to add olives for eyes!
- Brush with beaten egg
. Placeall the finished pot pies on cookingsheet and bake until golden brown.
Halloween Party Fun Food
More fun “Mummy” food for your Halloween Party!
- Mummy Wrapped Brie – this is perfect for your grown-up guests!
- Mummy Hot Dogs – super fun – everyone loves these!
- Mummy Calzone – transform your favorite pizza into a tasty calzone!
- Meatball Mummies – super cute, top your favorite noodles!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- You’ll need a great knife for all of this slicing and dicing! Click here for the knives I use and recommend.
- Here’s an affordable set of cutting boards for the kitchen.
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Mummy Pot Pie Recipe
Mummy Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 1/2 tbls flour
- 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 pie dough
- 8 olives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice the onion. Saute in olive oil for about five minutes.
- Add the hamburger and brown sprinkle with steak seasoning, salt and pepper. Saute until browned add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Sprinkle with flour. Cook and blend the flour until it is well incorporated – a couple of minutes. Increase the heat to medium high and add the beefstock, stirring the entire time. Cook for 4-5 minutes the meat mixture will thicken. Remove from heat.
- Ladle the mixture into pie tins.
- Take the pie dough and cut into narrow strips and lay on top of the meat pies. There's no rhyme or reason – crooked and overlapping is good! Tuck a couple olives in for the eyes. Brush with beaten egg.
- Place all the finished pot pies on cooking sheet and bake until golden brown.