Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Do you enjoy moist delicious meatballs? So tender they melt in your mouth. These are a little spicy, a little sweet and shhhh…..don’t tell but they are turkey meatballs so they are good for you too! Or at least not bad, right?
Sometimes you have to be a little good to be bad – that’s my theory anyway! 🤣
Since fall is here and winter is right around the corner I thought it would be timely to share a great comfort food recipe. The recipe I’m sharing with you is delicious and easy – Turkey Meatballs!
Baked in the oven, rather than fried they are slow cooked goodness. Perfect for a lazy Saturday night, but delicious enough for company! I recently served these to my folks when they were visiting a few weeks ago and they absolutely loved them!
They are so easy to make, here is what you’ll need ~
- frozen spinach
- bread crumbs
You’ll combine the above ingredients, mixing them well but being careful not to over-mix (that will make the meatballs tough).
Using a small ice-cream scoop portion them out and shape them into balls and place on a pan sprayed with non-stick coating.
Under the broiler they go for about twelve minutes. When they are done, they can be served several ways – with a pile of noodles, tucked into a sandwich, or my favorite way – bake them smothered in Mom’s Sunday Gravy topped with cheese!
Bathed in sauce, topped with cheese, covered baked in the oven – WOW! This with some delicious crusty bread and a great red wine! That is foodie perfection and a fabulous meal!
I made an extra batch of Mom’s Sunday Gravy Sauce to enjoy with this meal. I poured about two cups in the bottom of the pan, nestled the meatballs into it. Poured over with more sauce and topped with some salty parmesan cheese.
Turkey meatball perfection!
Yummy and easy these meatballs are SO DELICIOUS!
How to serve them? You can top off a bowl of spaghetti, stuff them into some great sourdough bread topped off with cheese for a great meatball sandwich, serve with toothpicks for the perfect appetizer or do what I do….
Yup, you guessed it! Serve them in a bowl! Alongside some great pan-fried vegetables and you have one amazing meal!!! (actually you’ll have several because this makes about 24 small meatballs). So those meals I mentioned above?
You can make all three!!!
This post first appeared as a guest pot on Slow The Cook Down.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 10 oz. frozen spinach thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 quart Mom's Sunday Gravy or your favorite Marinara Sauce
- Preheat broiler
- Combine the above ingredients, mixing them well but being careful not to over-mix.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop portion them out and shape them into balls and place on a pan sprayed with non-stick coating.
- Broil for 10-12 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked thru. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
- Remove from the oven and change the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the pasta sauce to the bottom of a large skillet. Add the meatballs to the pan, top with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!