These Air Fryer Hot Dogs are cooked to perfection with just the right amount of crispiness. This is easy recipe, you don't have to worry about the weather to get your hotdog fix, because they cook up juicy and crisp right in your air fryer.
Find tons of easy Air Fryer Recipes here!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ All you need is a couple of simple ingredients and your favorite toppings for a delicious meal.
✔️ Like the Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites these cook up fast so you can get dinner on the table without waiting for a grill or stovetop.
✔️ Cleanup is easy since you don't have to worry about washing pots and pans.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- hot dogs
- hot dog buns
- ketchup, mustard, relish, sauerkraut, diced onions - your favorite condiments.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Pat the hot dogs dry with a paper towel.
- Score 3 to 4 cuts about ¼ inch deep into each frankfurter.
- Place the sausages in the air fryer and air fry at 390 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove them and place them in the hot dog buns. Place them back in the air fryer and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the bun is crispy
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite condiments.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- air fryer
- sharp knife or kitchen shears
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
It usually takes about 6 minutes to cook hotdogs in an air fryer.
Yes, you can use frozen hotdogs in the air fryer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. You will need to add a couple extra minutes to your cook time.
The temperature you cook hot dogs in an air fryer should be 350 degrees.
- The best way to ensure that you get crispy hot dogs is to make them in a single layer in your air fryer basket so that the hot air can move freely.
- I like to serve these on a toasted bun for the perfect hot dog.
- If you have a smaller air fryer and are cooking for more than a couple people you may need to cook in batches so that you don't overcrowd your air fryer.
- Mustard, ketchup, chili, cheese sauce, and relish are all great options for toppings, but you can use any of your favorite hot dog toppings for this recipe.
- Different brands of air fryers cook at different times, so you may need to add some extra time to your dogs, I recommend checking them at the halfway point
- Switch up the hotdog brands that you use, you can use turkey dogs, or even cheese dogs for this recipe.
- If you want an extra crispy skin, add an additional 1-2 minutes to the cooking time
Refrigerate - Leftover cooked hot dogs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer - Cooked hotdogs can also be frozen and reheated later. Just place them in an airtight container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat - Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 2-3 minutes or until warm all the way through.
More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon - the easiest way to make crispy bacon!
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes - fluffy baked potatoes every time.
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer - no grill needed for this tasty meal!
- Are you in the market for new recipes that the whole family will enjoy? Check out these Easy Chicken Casserole recipes, you are bound to find something that your family will rave about.
- The next time you are looking for an easy air fryer recipe, give this Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs recipe a try. It's a great weeknight meal when you want something healthy, but also simple to make.
- This French Onion Salisbury Steak is another one of my favorite easy meals to make when I am craving something hearty and comforting. It goes so well on top of a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Are french fries on your favorite side dishes to serve with a good hot dog? If so, try dipping your fries in this Green Onion Dip for a a delicious twist.
- If you want to get extra creative with your toppings, try spreading a little of this Alabama White BBQ Sauce on top of the finished hot dogs for an extra flavorful twist.
- This Deviled Egg Potato Salad is is the perfect side dish to serve when you don't want to spend much time in the kitchen at at dinner time.
Hey if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 all beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- ketchup, mustard, relish
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the hot dogs from the packaging and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife make 3 to 4 cuts about ¼ inch deep.
- Place the sausages in the air fryer and air fry at 390 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove them from the air fryer and place them in the hot dog buns. Place them back in the air fryer and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the bun is crispy
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite condiments.
Leave a Reply