Here's your FREE Weekly Meal Plan 35, September 5-11th. Can you believe that? Summer is over (well not officially, but it always ended for us with Labor Day) and fall is right around the corner.
What do you say we keep focusing on making meal time a breeze and not fussing over "What's for dinner?" at the last minute!
I hope these menus are helping you to stay on budget and save time in the kitchen!
If you have any suggestions or needs, please let me know. I'd love your input. Together we can enjoy delicious affordable meals!
Meal planning and prepping tips
If you're new here...
Every week, I share a free meal plan for you to use the following week. You'll have seven main dish recipes, along with a few extras and of course dessert.
Don't forget - if you have a busy day and plan on eating out, just drop a day off the menu and adjust the meal plan to fit YOUR busy life!
Weekly Meal Plan 35 - shortcuts and tips
- Leftovers of Pizza Casserole freeze great.
- Double the rice when you make the BBQ Beef Bowl. Leftover rice is perfect for fried rice the next day (in fact you want the rice to be day old!).
- Sub out the Korean BBQ beef or leftover pork for chicken in the fried rice recipe. That will be SO GOOD! Top the rice with a fried egg and you have a complete meal!
- Double the marinara sauce - it freezes great and it's 100 times better than store bought!
Stretch your budget - tips for meal planning
I have some quick tips for meal planning today for you to quickly review and apply what works best for you!
- Leftovers - freeze them as soon as possible. Don't forget to mark your storage containers well! If they sit in the refrigerator and you don't use them, it's like money down the drain.
- Make a leftover night! - in other words, use your leftovers! That might be a no-brainer, but don't just tuck a meal in the freezer.... eat it! These type of meals are perfect for busy nights when you're short of time.
- Purchase staples when they are on sale. That way you have go-to in gradients in your freezer and pantry.
- Properly package and store food - if you buy in bulk, repackage it when you get home from the grocery store. Use heavy duty foil will lengthen freezer life and prevent spoilage.
Got a tip for me? Please comment below, I'd love to hear it!
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Easy to make, the whole family will love this simple recipe. Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
September 6 - Labor Day!!!
Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Labor Day is a great opportunity enjoy food on the grill and gather with friends. It's also the unofficial close of summer.
So let's gather together and enjoy good food, sunshine and laughter. We deserve it!
Grilled Baby Back Ribs are easy to make and SO GOOD! This is what we're making on Monday!
Of course every BBQ is surrounded with the best side dishes - here are my favorites!
All of these salads are great make-ahead side dishes!
If you're wondering what else to make on the grill be sure to check out these Summer Grill Recipes! 50+ recipes all made on the grill. There's something for everyone!
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
I love this Roasted Tomato Soup. It's so creamy and delicious. Roasting the tomatoes adds fabulous flavor. I think you'll really love this recipe!
Heath Bar Cake
Heath Bar Cake (AKA Better Than Sex Cake) is over the top chocolatey deliciousness. What's not to love?
This makes a big sheet pan, so there will be plenty to share on Labor Day!
Meal Planning Worksheet
Click on the link below to download a PDF of the meal planning worksheet so you can easily make notes and your grocery list for this week's recipes, Weekly Meal Plan 35!