Want an easy breakfast the whole family will enjoy? Easy overnight oats are the answer! Super simple, incredibly delicious and so good for you, too!
Easy Overnight Oats
OK! Not only am I serving up a DELICIOUS breakfast recipe today, but in addition…. 🥁🥁🥁(insert noise of a drum roll please!) We have a $300 AMAZON GIFT CARD UP FOR GRABS!
Yup, that’s right! A bunch of us got together, pooled our moolah and there’s a giveaway going on here! So if you want to skip all the fun stuff and head right down for the giveaway, just scroll to the bottom of the blog and make it happen! If not, stick with me for just a bit so I can show you how easy overnight oats are to make!
Going to stick with me? Great! Let me ask you this; Are you a breakfast person? For the longest time, I could never eat breakfast food. I’m not sure why. Give me leftover pasta, sliced meat from the night before. Leftover lasagna, yes I was that person. Breakfast food never sounded good.
Probably because I was usually eating alone.
Now, Dan and I make a point of eating breakfast together and usually the evening meal too. It just makes it more fun when you’re enjoying a meal with someone rather than by yourself! Now I like to eat breakfast; Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich, a Papaya Breakfast Bowl or a stack of Pumpkin Pancakes, YUM!
Honestly, I feel better since I’ve been more deliberate about mealtime and one of my go-to breakfast meals is overnight oatmeal. It’s an easy breakfast and everyone loves it – no boring oatmeal here! And if you’re like us when you’re dashing around and you’re all going different ways, making it ahead the night before is definitely the way to go!
Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
Do you eat overnight oats hot or cold?
Actually you can eat them either way. The trick is – you simply mix up the oatmeal the night before and tuck it in the fridge. The next day, enjoy! Heat it up, don’t heat it up – it’s totally up to you!
Is overnight oatmeal healthy?
Yes, this is a super healthy meal and what a great way to start the day!
- Oats are really good for you! A great source fiber, oats fill you up fast and longer and can help you loose weight!
- As a whole grain, oats can help you lower your risk for diabetes (and you know I’m always talking about that!) and also help reduce your cholesterol.
- A bowl of oatmeal is a balanced meal and contains lots of good nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- If the reasons above don’t convince you – then how about this… oatmeal is delicious!
How long do overnight oats last?
Easy overnight oats will last in the refrigerator up to five days. If you make them in small mason jars, you can even screw on the lid and tuck them into your purse or lunch bag. No need to skip breakfast now!
What types of Oats are best for you?
You’ll easily find several different types of oatmeal at the grocery store. The most common are:
- Steel cut oats are the least processed and are considered more nutritious. They take a little longer to cook and taste nuttier than rolled oats, but they are delicious! Can you use steel cut oatmeal in overnight oats? Yes, you’ll just need to use more liquid. (takes the longest to cook)
- Rolled oats, often called old-fashioned oats, would be my second choice as they are processed a bit more than the steel cut. (very inexpensive!)
- Instant Oatmeal has been processed the most and often has added sugars and preservatives. (quick and easy)
Here’s the deal – choose which ever oatmeal works best for you, your family and your budget! No judgement, right? If you can get a good, nutritious meal in your kids, hubby, best gal – whomever – before they hit the road in the morning, that’s what matters!
Grocery list for Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- steel cut or old-fashioned oatmeal
This Overnight Oats Recipe can be a total brunch thing – cute and deliciously served in small jelly jars and easily stored in the refrigerator. You can make it ahead so that’s a definite plus! It’s also perfect for a weekday breakfast.
How to make Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Measure equal parts of Oatmeal and liquid – such as milk, nut milk or even yogurt. Pour it over the oatmeal. Cover it and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re using steel cut oatmeal, increase the liquid by half – instead of 1 cup use 1 1/2 cups.
- In the morning, simply slice and chop your favorite fruit. Add granola, chopped nuts or a spoonful of chia seeds and serve. It’s really that easy!
- Top the oatmeal with ingredients you enjoy! This is a total “make it your way” type recipe! Don’t have strawberries? Use blueberries, sliced peaches or raspberries. Chia seeds not your thing? Chopped walnuts or pecans would be delicious. A spoonful of your favorite granola will add a nice crunch!
Not into breakfast oatmeal? Then have a couple 3 ingredient Oatmeal cookies! They are perfect for breakfast, trust me!
Don’t forget, before you go, scroll down and enter the giveaway! I’d love for one of my readers to win the $300 Amazon Gift Card!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Easy Overnight Oats
Want an easy breakfast the whole family will enjoy? Definitely consider easy overnight oats - super simple, incredibly delicious and so good for you too!
- 1 cup steel cut or old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- 2 tsp chia seeds
Split the oatmeal between two bowls stir and add 1/2 cup of milk to each bowl. Cover it and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, slice and chop your favorite fruit. Top the oatmeal with granola, chopped nuts and/or a spoonful of chia seeds and serve. It's really that easy!
Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas $300 Amazon Giveaway!!!
This giveaway is brought to you by Juggling Act Mama, Doodlecraft, A Day in Candiland, From the Family, Walking on Sunshine Recipes, Pink Cake Plate, Megan Marie, Suburban Simplicity, Bree Cooley, Ever After in the Woods, Bowl Me Over, Condo Blues, Life a Little Brighter, Blogghetti, Simply Designing, Simply Blended Smoothies, An Affair From the Heart.
Official Rules and Conditions: One winner a $300 USD Amazon Gift Card. Open worldwide to adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/13/2018. Enter using the widget below.