Creamy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal only takes four minutes to make using this simple foolproof method! Create a delicious, nutritious meal to fuel yourself for the day!
Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean's, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, and The Spice House. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #Back2School #OmegaPals
Steel Cut Oatmeal Instant Pot
Dan and I do our fair share of traveling. This means staying in hotels and eating out.
Most times we stay at a place that offers a breakfast bar so mornings are easy to get up and out the door.
Hands-down our breakfast choice is Oatmeal! The hotels always have great choice of toppings too, so it makes it extra delicious, wouldn't you agree?
And since it's back-to-school time I thought this would be a great opportunity to share my recipe for Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal!
I love that oatmeal made in the pressure cooker is completely hands off, and I bet you will too! But since not all of us have an Instant Pot, no worries! I'm sharing my stove top directions too!
Steel Cut Instant Pot Oatmeal
Grocery list for Oatmeal Recipe
- steel cut oats
- Barleans Omega-Pals Straw-Banana
- salt (just a pinch!)
BEST Toppings for Oatmeal
How do you like your oatmeal? Dan likes his with a little fruit and nuts. Me... I load mine up. If you're looking to WOW guest for breakfast or brunch consider putting together a topping bar!
- Fruit - sliced bananas, peaches and strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, diced mango and apples or raisins. Don't have fresh fruit? Use frozen, thaw beforehand.
- Nuts - chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds or hazelnuts. A handful of nuts add great protein and crunch. Toasting the nuts adds another level of flavor too!
- Sweeteners - a sprinkle of sugar is always delicious, also consider pure maple syrup, brown sugar, honey and of course all that delicious fruit adds natural sweetener!
- Add creaminess - milk, cream, almond milk, spoonful or peanut or almond butter or a dollup or yogurt will make it luscious and creamy!
- Still looking to doll it up? I got ya covered! - Top your pressure cooker steel cut oatmeal with granola, slivers of dark chocolate, a dash of cinnamon, or a sprinkle shredded coconut.
I make enough for 3-4 days, cool it and refrigerate it. It's easy to heat up the next morning or serve cold if that's what you prefer.
Is oatmeal good to eat for breakfast?
Absolutely, are one of the BEST breakfasts to enjoy! It's filling and hearty with great health benefits.
What is the healthiest oatmeal?
Steel cut oats: Also referred to as Irish oats, these are the least processed oats.Ttoasted oat are simply chopped into chunks about the size of sesame seeds. They take longer to cook, are chewier and hearty.
Rolled oats: Called "old fashioned" oats, these are made by steaming the toasted oats then processing them between rollers to flattened the flakes.
Instant oats: These are the most heavily processed. I've used them when I'm in a push to get out the door AND they make quite delicious cookies too!
How do you make pressure cooker steel cut oats for breakfast?
- Add the oatmeal to the pressure cooker.
- Pour in water and add a pinch of salt.
- Seal the IP, set timer and allow to cook.
- When cooking is complete NPR for 20 minutes.
If you prefer your oatmeal in more of a porridge consistency, add an additional 1 cup water.
I'm in a big hurry, can I do a quick-release on the oatmeal?
Unfortunately no, if you quick-release you'll have an eruption of thick gooey liquid from the steam valve. It will bubble, steam and squirt everywhere! It will make a hot mess.
Trust me.... I've done the research and cleaned up the mess! 🤣
No pressure cooker? No problem!
Stove Top Directions - Add the water to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the oats and salt and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the oats are cooked.
More delicious breakfast recipes!
If you're looking for more make-ahead breakfast recipes please click here!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Instant Pot Duo 6 qt. 7 in 1 - this is the pressure cooker I have, I highly recommend it!
- Instant Pot Accessories - this is a great bundle and will save you $ instead of buying them separately.
- Replacement parts - after I lost the valve down my garbage disposal... this was the first thing I bought for my IP.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I'd love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you're on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can't wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - I'd love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp Barleans Omega-Pals Straw-Banana (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- optional toppings - 1 cup strawberries - crushed, walnuts and brown sugar
- Measure out oatmeal and add to the instant pot.
- Top with 4 cups water, Barleans and a pinch of salt.
- Seal the lid. Press manual and set timer for four minutes at high pressure.
- Allow to natural pressure release at the end for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, release pressure and serve.