Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a comforting bowl of stew that takes only 20 minutes to make! Simple, classic flavors come together in just minutes to make this delicious soup!
BEST Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
The weather has been cooling here in the valley – today it was a bone-chilling 98 degrees.
I’m telling you if we wait for soup weather here it only last for six weeks… maybe!
Just to clarify I’m not complaining in the least. I’ve learned to love the warm weather and embrace the heat. Soup is a quick and easy affordable meal and that works for me!
This easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe takes a shortcut by using leftover chicken and only takes twenty minutes to make! But most importantly, it’s delicious!
This soup is super easy and uses some pantry shortcuts that offers slow cooked flavor without all the time & hassle. It’s a winner!!
And you know what I always say…. soup is good food!
Want all of my soup making tips and tricks? Be sure to click here! Also if you have a soup lover in your life, here is a gift guide to make soup making more fun!
Easy Chicken Soup
And this one isn’t even a 30-minute meal. It only takes 20 minutes to make! It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Ingredients for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- frozen peas
- cooked chicken
- chicken stock
- bay leaf
- Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil butter
- lemon and parsley (optional)
What can I add to my chicken noodle soup for flavor?
- Bay Leaf – it blends and marries the flavors!
- Italian Seasoning – tons of flavor in just a teaspoon.
- Red Pepper Flakes – for a nice little zip of flavor!
- Finishing your soup with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a bit of minced parsley – it’s the perfect combination to brighten the flavors of almost any soup!
Can you overcook chicken in soup?
Actually yes and overcooked chicken will have a rubbery texture.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Steps to make homemade chicken noodle soup with broth
- Dice the onion, mushrooms, carrots
andcelery, set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat on the stove, add the butter & olive oil – when hot and bubbly add the vegetables, bay leaf, Italian seasoning
andred pepper flakes. Stir and saute.
- Mince the garlic and add along with the chicken stock.
- Increase to high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the pot is boiling, add the pasta – cook according to package directions. Add the diced chicken the last 1 minute of cooking. It only needs to heat thru.
- Remove from heat when the pasta is cooked. Stir in the frozen peas.
- Add fresh lemon juice and minced parsley. Stir again & serve!
Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Love Chicken Soup? Me too – here are more delicious recipes from the blog!
If you’re looking to save on your grocery bill, I have some budget-friendly tips on the blog – Click here to learn more!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- extra large bamboo cutting board – perfect for cutting veggies!
- soup and side bowls – I have two sets of these bowls and we love them!
- Farberware Glide Cookware Set – easy to use, these are an affordable set and I’ve even given this set as a gift!
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup angel hair pasta broken into 1/2 pieces or other small pasta of choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lemon optional
- 1 tbsp parsley minced, optional
- Dice the vegetables – onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery and mince the garlic.
- Heat the pan over medium high heat on the stove, add the butter & olive oil. When the oil is hot & bubbly, add the onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery to the stock pot.
- Add the bay leaf, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir and saute. Add the garlic and chicken stock. Increase to high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the pot is boiling, add the pasta – cook according to package directions (in my case using the angel hair pasta, it was about 6 minutes). Add the diced chicken the last 1 minute of cooking. It will only need to warm thru.
- Remove from heat when the timer is up for the pasta. Stir in the frozen peas. Add fresh lemon juice and minced parsley. Stir again & serve.