Chicken Chipotle Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped *
- 1 minced chipotle pepper ** with sauce
- 1 jar mild picante sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 rotisserie chicken skinned, debone meat, shred
- Toppings - shredded cheese tortilla chips, cilantro and sour cream
- Saute red, green & jalapeno peppers and onions for 8-10 minutes. Add chipotle pepper, chicken broth & picante sauce & bring to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. Add the chicken meat & heat thru.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, chips, lime wedges, sour cream, etc., or no condiments at all!
Chicken Chipotle Tortilla Soup – You’ll love this quick & easy Tortilla Soup. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll be dining (at home) and think you’re in a fabulous Mexican Taqueria!
*removing the seeds & membrane from the jalapeño will remove the majority of the heat. However you can always omit them.
** Got leftover chipotle peppers? Just freeze them to use for next time. I usually freeze them individually in snack bags – often times you use just one pepper in a recipe and that way you’re not wasting any!