Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup doesn't have to take all day. I love repurposing leftover rotisserie chicken for a delicious soup and easy meal!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup angel hair pasta broken into 1/2 pieces or other small pasta of choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lemon optional
- 1 tbsp parsley minced, optional
Dice the vegetables - onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery and mince the garlic.
Heat the pan over medium high heat on the stove, add the butter & olive oil. When the oil is hot & bubbly, add the onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery to the stock pot.
Add the bay leaf, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir and saute. Add the garlic and chicken stock. Increase to high heat and bring to a boil.
When the pot is boiling, add the pasta - cook according to package directions (in my case using the angel hair pasta, it was about 6 minutes). Add the diced chicken the last 1 minute of cooking. It will only need to warm thru.
Remove from heat when the timer is up for the pasta. Stir in the frozen peas. Add fresh lemon juice and minced parsley. Stir again & serve.
Using leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken cuts the cooking time in half!
Tips to up the flavor in your chicken soup!
- Bay Leaf - it blends and marries the flavors!
- Italian Seasoning - tons of flavor in just a teaspoon.
- Red Pepper Flakes - adds just a touch of heat
- Finishing your soup with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a bit of minced parslley or cilantro.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2010IU | Vitamin C: 14.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.7mg