This Crockpot Tuna Casserole is a meal the whole family will enjoy! The classic combination of tuna, egg noodles, cheese and cream of mushroom soup creates an incredibly flavorful dish that will be sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
If you prefer to use your oven, check out the BEST Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This easy recipei is just like the classic tuna noodle casserole but it's made in the slow cooker, saving you time in the kitchen; I love that!
✔️ Like the Crockpot Steak and Potatoes recipe, it's a comforting meal making it perfect for busy weeknights.
✔️ It's a classic casserole recipe that you can be sure that the entire family will enjoy.
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- cream of mushroom soup though you can certainly use a different type of soup like cream of celery soup or cream of chicken.
- evaporated milk
- frozen peas
- albacore tuna
- cheddar cheese
- Montreal steak seasoning
- wide egg noodles
- Topping for the casserole - French fried onions, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, crushed potato chips or ritz crackers.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions, scroll down to the bottom!
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles to al dente, drain well, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream soup and evaporated milk whisk to combine. Add the tuna, seasoning, frozen peas, cheese, and pasta, and mix until combined.
- Spoon into the crockpot, top with fried onions, cover, and cook on low for 4 hours.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- slow cooker
- large bowl
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If your tuna noodle casserole is dry, you may need to add more milk or cream to the mixture. You can also try adding a few slices of butter on top before cooking it in the slow cooker.
Yes, you can assembled all of the ingredients but the french friend onions, into your slow cooker liner, and then cover and store it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
You can use a slow cooker liner if you prefer, I like to spray the crockpot with cooking spray instead.
Deb's best tips
- Cook the noodles to al dente according to the package directions. Each pasta cooks differently, so check the timing for your brand.
- Be sure to stir the ingredients well before cooking. This helps ensure that all flavors are distributed evenly throughout the casserole.
- Add a ½ cup of evaporated milk if you want a creamier casserole.
- The next day when reheating, if you want to add more crunch, you can apply more french fried onions.
- Evaporated milk gives this slow cooker tuna noodle casserole a rich flavor, but you could also use heavy cream or milk instead.
- Switch up the cheese! This recipe calls for cheddar, but you could use Monterey Jack, mozzarella or your favorite cheese.
- Add red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños to the mix for more heat.
Refrigerate - Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freezer - To freeze the casserole, allow it to cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe bag or container.
Reheat - To reheat, place the casserole in a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes until heated through. Or microwave single servings until warm all the way through.
More slow cooker recipes
- This Crockpot Chicken and Gravy is one of my go-to easy recipes!
- Served over potatoes or rice, Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin and Gravy is so simple!
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes - easy, flavorful and delicious - you'll love this simple dinner idea.
- This Ritzy Chicken Casserole is another simple recipe to make when you need a meal that your entire family will enjoy.
- If you love pasta, be sure and give the Hamburger Corn Casserole a try soon! It's super creamy and rich. A real hearty meal.
- If you are looking for another good casserole to make, then next time you may want to give this Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe a try! It's the ultimate comfort food when you need something warm and cozy.
- Stove Top Tuna Casserole brings all the flavor in less than 30 minutes!
- I love a creamy casserole like this one with a vegetable side dish like these Steamed Green Beans.
- You could also pair this meal with a simple green salad like this Outback Wedge Salad.
- If you have a sweet treat and like to end your meal with something sweet, give these Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies a try.
Still not sure what to make to serve alongside this recipe? Here is a whole post dedicated to What to Serve with Tuna Casserole!
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Crock Pot Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 21 ounces cream of mushroom soup two 10.5-ounce cans
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 14 ounces albacore tuna, drained and flaked two 7-ounce cans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite season-all spice mix
- 10 ounces egg noodles cooked just to al dente.
- 1 cup French fried onions
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles to al dente, drain well, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream soup and evaporated milk whisk to combine. Add the tuna, seasoning, frozen peas, cheese and pasta, mix until combined.
- Spoon into the crockpot, top with fried onions, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.