Let's keep our meals quick and easy! Planning in advance makes all the difference. Here's your Weekly Meal Plan 26 for June 26 - July 2. You'll find the links to the recipes below and some great tips as well!
If you have any suggestions or needs, let me know. I'd love your input. Together we can enjoy delicious affordable meals! Send me an email at [email protected] or leave a comment below!
Meal planning and prepping tips
If this is your first time meal planning, let me give you some tips to make it simple!
Start with tried and true recipes. Use food that can be repurposed into several meals. And since the 4th of July is right around the corner, there are some special recipes for the holiday with loads of great salads and desserts!
Save money at the grocery store
Shop once with a full list. I don't know about you, but every time I walk in the door at the grocery store I will spend at least $50 I hadn't planned to spend. Go to the store once if at all possible!
Keep an inventory of the food you have on-hand to ensure you're not purchasing ingredients you already have on-hand.
I use a meal delivery service. Though it's initially more expensive, it saves me money by NOT going in the store and making impulse purchases. It also saves a ton of time.
Weekly Meal Plan 26 - shortcuts and tips
- Ribs can be seasoned the day before and will actually taste much better if you do!
- Make the Potato and Macaroni Salads the day before as well. At a minimum be sure to boil the potatoes, eggs and pasta. That way it will be completely chilled before mixing the ingredients together.
- Make extra rice on Monday! Double it so dinner will be a snap on Tuesday!
- Leftovers of the ribs and chicken are perfect to add into the fried rice for Wednesday's meal!
- Freeze ham soup for the days you don't feel like cooking, it's also perfect for lunch!!
Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Freezer containers stack well. I love the sizes available here.
- Still a big fan of these perforated plastic bags to keep fruit fresh longer.
- Are you meal prepping? These are perfect for planning ahead!
Tips to save money on your next barbecue
Tricks to Save Money on Your Next Barbecue
- Choose meat wisely - yes the food is important, but with the prices these days? We visit to see each other and the food... that's a bonus. I know we have some yummy recipes below but hot dogs are always popular at our home (and a lot less expensive!)
- Buy in bulk - hitting up the big box stores for a large gathering is a great way to save $'s!! Take advantage of savings and don't forget to freeze excess supplies when possible.
- Paper plates are great and that's our plan, however I will use regular silverware. Have plenty of napkins on hand!
- Make it a potluck! Hands down my favorite - everyone always brings their BEST dish!
- Stick with the season - corn on the cob is inexpensive this time of year! Watermelon is perfect for dessert - have a seed spitting contest, the kids will love that!
Chicken Fried Rice
Remember that extra rice yesterday? Now we're going to put those leftovers to good use. This easy chicken fried rice has step-by-step directions that will have dinner on the table in a snap! Use leftover chili lime chicken for your protein.
Fajitas in the Oven are always a favorite and if you prep the veggies and meat the night before, this meal comes together in a snap!
Beef Noodle Casserole
This is an easy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole. Another great make-ahead meal. Serve with the leftover rolls we made earlier this week!
Homemade Deviled Ham - Use your food processor and a few ingredients from the refrigerator. Serve slathered on your favorite bread. Homemade or store-bought, keep it simple and get dinner on the table.
Chocolate Banana Bars
For a little something sweet after dinner bake up a batch of chocolate banana bars!
There's even kinda guilt free as they are packed with bananas, nuts and bran. Deliciously chocolatey they will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Meal Planning Worksheet
Click on the link below to download a PDF of the meal planning worksheet for Weekly Meal Plan 26 so you can easily make notes and your grocery list for this week's recipes!