This tangy Alabama White BBQ Sauce Recipe is going to change everything you thought about traditional grilling! With mayo base, vinegar, and spices this is a southern favorite that is finger-licking good!
BUT I have a new love!
Oh my goodness, have you ever tried Alabama White BBQ Sauce? I had never tried it until this round of Freaky Friday Blog Hop!
This time I got to peruse my buddy Jennifer’s blog at Take Two Tapas. Have you visited her blog yet? There she specializes in small bites and cocktails. Fun finger food with loads of flavor.
It’s alway so much fun going through the blog and deciding which recipe to share with you and always so hard to do!
This is the recipe I’ve made again and again!
Goes without saying it’s great on BBQ, right? Chicken, pork, shrimp – YUM!!! BUT it’s equally good on fries or as a salad dressing! I especially love it on chicken tortilla salad.
Let me tell you, this recipe is brilliant and Jennifer gets all the credit! It’s tangy, sweet and creamy and perfect accompaniment to your next meal!
So let’s jump into this recipe, here’s what you’re going to need!
- mayonnaise – Greek Yogurt would be a lower fat option and add great tang.
- apple cider vinegar – white vinegar would also be great
- mustard – I used yellow but Dijon or spicy brown mustard would be delicious as well.
- horseradish – creamy or prepared
- salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika – all spices you have on-hand.
- Worcestershire sauce and fresh lemon juice – for even more tanginess
- hot sauce – just a dash or two!
This one doesn’t get any easier, you’re going to love how simple it is to make!
- Measure the ingredients.
- Add everything to a jar.
- Whisk together and refrigerate!
- Mop it on the chicken when you’re grilling, dip your fries – both potato or sweet potato fries are especially fabulous! Burgers, chicken wings, shrimp, you name it.
It lasts for 3-4 days in the days (in most kitchens….) but certainly not ours!
Did I mention how amazing this is? Seriously, you should make this today!
🙋🏼♀️ Recipe FAQ’s
This easy to make with ingredients you have on hand.
Mayonnaise based, it’s tangy, creamy, a little spicy and a little sweet.
Of course it was invented in Alabama right? Hence the name Alabama White BBQ Sauce Recipe by Robert Gibson at Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ. It’s said smoked chickens is pulled from the pit and “baptized” in a pool of the sauce!
I definitely need to go visit!
It will last about three to five days refrigerated.
Make it ahead – this will last several days. Just cover it and put it in the refrigerator.
Be sure to make extra and serve it alongside with plenty to pass. Whether it’s in bowls or squeeze bottles, everyone will appreciate dousing and dunking!
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Summer Edition Recipes
This wonderful event is hosted by Michaela over at An Affair from the Heart and I hope it’s something you really enjoy!
Are you hungry for more? I was hoping you’d say that! Check this out for a whole list of amazing summer recipes from the BEST bloggers out there. I know you’ll find a new favorite!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links, however, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Alabama White BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup vinegar white or apple cider
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard Dijon or spicy brown optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- 2 dashes hot sauce optional
- Measure the ingredients.
- Add everything to a jar and whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate until use.
- Using a mop it's terrific sopped on bbq and great drizzled on a salad. Perfect as a dipper for fries and vegetables also!