Copycat Red Robin campfire sauce is sweet and a little spicy, with a smoky flavor that lights up all of your taste buds. I've cracked the "top secret recipe" so you can make all your meals taste restaurant-worthy!
It's the perfect dipping sauce for french fries, onion rings, potatoes, veggies, chicken nuggets, and more. Watch the kids carefully—it's so good they'll be tempted to dunk their fingers right into the bowl!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Copycat recipes take at-home cooking to the next level. They're a great way to make potluck foods and dinners taste gourmet.
✔️ The famous campfire sauce is packed with so much bold flavor, but you can customize it to your liking.
✔️ The easy recipe comes together in a matter of minutes, and I'll bet you already have most of the ingredients!
Why this recipe works
Red Robin's campfire sauce has an unbeatably creamy texture. So, even though it's a great fry sauce, it also makes an awesome spread for sandwiches, burgers, and wraps. You can even use it as a salad dressing.
Plus, the chili powder adds a bit of heat to the sweet and smokey BBQ sauce, while the mixture of mayo ensures it's not too hot. These versatile flavors pair well with all of the best foods and cuisine styles.
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- Smokey barbecue sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour. Enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Yes, it's one of the easiest, most delicious sauces you'll ever make! Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Nope, feel free to switch it up, but you'll lose the natural smoke flavor that many people love from the popular sauce. To find your favorite, you can experiment with tangy barbeque sauce or Sweet Baby Ray's.
No, mayo-based sauces don't freeze well. Mayo tends to separate after thawing and tastes odd.
Test kitchen tips
- Skip the bowl and stir everything up in an airtight container. The leftover sauce is all ready for storage and you save yourself from extra dishes!
- You don't need to use a mixer for this recipe—a whisk is all it takes. In fact, over-mixing can make the mayo a bit soupy.
- Letting it chill in the fridge allows the flavors to come together, which makes it a more accurate Red Robin campfire sauce copycat recipe.
- You can alter the flavor by choosing a different variety of BBQ sauce.
- Make it spicier by adding more Tabasco sauce or hot pepper vinegar.
- If you like more than just a little smokiness, feel free to amp it up with a few drops of liquid smoke or chipotle powder.
- Have a sweet tooth? Whisk in some honey for a sweeter flavor.
Refrigerate—Store campfire mayo sauce in an airtight container such as a mason jar or glass storage dish. It'll keep for up to one week. Mayo-based sauces keep best in a warmer part of the fridge, like on the door shelf.
Freezer—I don't recommend freezing. The sauce will thaw with a funky texture.
Reheat—Let campfire sauce sit at room temperature to loosen for a few minutes before serving. It'll be a little thicker straight out of the fridge.
- Huli Huli Sauce is a Hawaiian BBQ condiment that tastes amazing with grilled meats. It's sweet and tangy and full of mouthwatering flavor.
- Another copycat favorite, this Cilantro Garlic Sauce tastes just like the one from Pollo Tropical. If you've never tried it, you must—ASAP!
- This tangy Smashburger Sauce cuts through the fatty flavors of a burger for absolute perfection in every bite. Plus, it's easy to make!
- Sweet Refrigerator Pickles are crunchy and easy, pairing perfectly with burgers, tater tots, and campfire sauce!
- Dip your Grilled Potatoes and Veggies in campfire sauce to make dinner more fun. No one complains about vegetables when they're this tasty!
- Spicy Chic-fil-A Chicken Tenders are light and crispy. A delicious, homemade dipping sauce is the only thing that makes them better.
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Campfire Sauce Recipe
- small mixing bowl
- 1 Whisk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add the ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Totally optional, but this is even better if you let it rest, refrigerated for one hour.
- This is terrific with fries, tater tots, onion rings and chicken tenders - enjoy!