Of course you can use Marmalade on your toast in the morning, but what else can you use it for? How about a glaze on chicken or ham? You can also make a salad dressing with it; use a spoonful or two in your homemade dressing. Glaze the top of a tart.
Main Squeeze Lemon Marmalade
Main Squeeze Lemon Marmalade - Of course you can use Marmalade on your toast in the morning, but what else? Glaze a ham, salad dressing, or tart.
- 4 cups cooked mandarin/lemon puree* See below
- 1 cups freshly squeezed mandarin juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed meyer lemon juice
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients and cook for 20 minutes at low/medium boil until mixture reaches 221 degrees on candy thermometer. Stir often to keep from sticking, especially at the end of the cooking.
- Put into sterile jars. Makes five 8 oz. jars.
Mix it with some soy sauce, grated ginger and minced garlic to make an Asian fusion sauce. Love, love, love homemade marmalade!
*Ingredients – Mandarin/lemon puree
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced mandarins (remove ends and seeds)
- ½ cup thinly sliced Meyer lemons (remove ends and seeds)
- Put in pan and add 4 cups water. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
Directions – Mandarin/lemon puree
- Remove from pan, let cool, put into blender and puree until small pieces are still visible, not too long as you want to see some of the pieces.
- Save remaining puree for another batch.