Why stand in line to buy an expensive glazed ham when you can make one at home that is even more delicious? Easy too - let me show you how!
- 1 10 10 lb ham
- cloves whole
- 1 cup orange marmalade (or plum jam even strawberry jam, you can use your favorite)
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup ginger ale Sprite or 7-up, use a clear soda
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Place the ham in a heavy bottom pan. Using a sharp knife, score the ham first one way, then the other to make a diamond pattern in the skin. Poke the cloves into each diamond all over the ham. Cover tightly with tin foil and put in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- While it is baking, prepare the glaze. Combine the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan on the stove. Heat over medium heat, stirring until all of the ingredients are well combined, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside when complete.
- After 1 1/2 hours, remove the ham from the oven and baste it with the sauce. Return it to the oven. Baste every 15 minutes over the next hour, so 3 or four times. You'll bake it for about another hour until it is heated thru. It will be glossy and gorgeous and oh so delicious!
- Now here's the hard part.....just slice and eat! 😀 If you have any leftovers, they are great for scalloped potatoes, ham and cheese omelets or ham sandwiches and whatever you do.....don't throw away the bone! That makes the BEST soup! Now yes....you can buy a pre-glazed ham at the store but truly, you'll be happier with this and you'll save a ton of money!
Give this a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think!