Biscuit breakfast casseroles are the ultimate comfort food. This one is easy to make and feeds a crowd. Plus, it's perfect for brunch or a lazy weekend morning. So grab some biscuits and let's get cooking!
Next time try this super yummy Raspberry Breakfast Strata!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
✔️ It's delicious, affordable and feeds a crowd!
✔️ It's perfect for breakfast, brunch or for the holiday season.
For the exact measurements for the cheese biscuit breakfast casserole, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Grands biscuit dough or other brand/flavor of refrigerator biscuits.
- breakfast sausage - you can substitute any breakfast meat like ham or bacon.
- large eggs
- cheddar cheese, though you can use Colby Jack, provolone, feta cheese or fresh mozzarella would be cheesy and delicious!
- milk, cream or even evaporated milk.
- green onions, red onions, an addition of diced green or red bell pepper would be yummy, however be sure to sauté with the breakfast meat.
- salt and pepper - a couple of dashes of tabasco sauce or red pepper flakes would add a nice bit of heat.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions for this easy breakfast casserole just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven, prepare casserole dish.
- Press biscuit dough into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread cooked sausage over the biscuit dough, Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, add milk, half the sliced green onions, salt and pepper whisk well. Pour egg mixture over the biscuits. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into individual portions and serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x13 inch baking dish - I love this set!
- cast iron skillet
- large mixing bowl
The best way to tell if a breakfast casserole is done is to insert a knife or toothpick into the center of the casserole. If the toothpick comes out clean, the casserole is done.
I prefer to bake my breakfast casseroles uncovered so that the top gets nice and golden brown. However, if you find that your casserole is browning too much on top, you can cover it with foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
Yes, you can replace the breakfast sausage with ham, bacon, or even diced vegetables. However, if you are using bacon or veggies you will want to sauté them first.
Yes, but they would need to be thawed first before using. You will need eight frozen biscuits to equal one can.
Things to know
- Be sure to spray your casserole dish well with cooking spray so that clean up is easy.
- To save time, you can cook the breakfast sausage the night before. Just be sure to drain any excess grease before using it in the casserole.
- If you want to make this ahead of time, prepare the casserole. And then cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake the casserole the next morning.
- Garnish this casserole with sliced green onions, pico de gallo or hollandaise sauce for a hearty breakfast.
- For a fun twist, try using different flavored biscuit doughs such as cheddar cheese or onion.
- You can also add in some diced vegetables such as bell peppers or tomatoes.
- Substitute cooked ham, bacon, or even crab meat (wouldn't that be delicious?!!).
- For an extra creamy casserole stir in half a block of cream cheese to your cooked sausage before adding to the casserole dish - amazing!
- Want to increase the flavor of this recipe? Then add in a half cup of salsa to the sausage.
Refrigerate - You can store any leftovers of this Biscuit Breakfast Casserole in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container.
Freezer - This casserole can be frozen for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Reheat - Reheat in the microwave or oven at 350 or until warmed through.
- Are you looking for a cheesy breakfast side dish? Then, look no further than this Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole.
- If you are looking for another delicious breakfast recipe, then give this Overnight Oats recipe a try.
- This Peanut and Honey Sandwich is one of the best breakfast recipes you will ever try.
- If you love fruit for breakfast, then this Papaya Breakfast Bowl is just the recipe that you are seeking.
- Serve these Easy Breakfast Potatoes with this casserole and you will have a breakfast that the whole family will love.
- Mexican Fruit Salad is a family favorite recipe that is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and pairs well with this Biscuit Breakfast Casserole.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- 16.3 ounces Grand biscuit dough that's one container.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Press biscuit dough into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cook and crumble the breakfast sausage. Drain fat. Spread cooked sausage evenly over the biscuit dough. Top with shredded cheese and sliced green onions.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, add milk, salt and pepper whisk well. Pour over the sausage, cheese, onions and biscuits.
- Place uncovered in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice, serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply