Baked Ham is an easy meal for Easter, Christmas or even Sunday dinner! It takes very little prep and is a showcase for your table. And I have a confession, as much as we love the big feast, we love the leftovers even more!
Soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes and more. Repurpose your holiday leftovers - we'll put them to good use!
Are you ready? I know you'll find something a great new recipe. Check out this list of leftover ham recipes for a new meal your family will love!
Best Recipes using leftover ham
My favorite use of leftover ham without a doubt is soup. Of course if you've been following the blog for any length of time, that's no surprise, right?
There's a ton of great soups and stews on the blog and I'm sharing a few more that are real favorites!
Favorite ham recipes for soup
- Ham and Bean Soup recipe is a great use of leftover ham especially if you are stretching pennies! This classic bean soup recipe is an affordable, delicious meal.
- 15 Bean Soup with Ham - smokey rich and flavorful, it's filled with beans and vegetables. We love this amazing soup!
- Split Pea Soup - hearty and delicious! This recipe will make you wish you doubled the recipe because leftovers freeze great!
- Instant Pot Potato and Ham Soup - this is SO GOOD and it only takes 30 minutes to make!
- Black Eyed Pea Soup - Loaded with black eyed peas, packed with greens, vegetables and ham, it’s smokey, flavorful and so delicious! Don't worry if you're running low on ham, this recipes only uses a little bit!
Still have plenty of ham? Good news, it freezes great!
Best leftover recipes ideas for salads
Here are some great easy leftover ham recipes!
- Ham Pasta Salad - salty ham, feta cheese, pasta and crunchy vegetables!
- Ham Cobb Salad - Packed full of fresh baby greens, hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese and ham. Top it with Homemade 1000 island salad dressing, so delicious!
- Caesar salad with Ham - hearty enough to be a main dish, but perfect as a side dish also!
- Creamy Ham and Pasta Salad Recipe - Baby peas add a bright pop of color and crunch. This salad is simple and easy to make!
Ham Sandwiches and sliders
- Cuban Slider Recipe - make-ahead mini sandwiches with melty cheese and ham!
- Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwiches - challah bread stuffed with ham, turkey and cheese, then battered and fried - YUM!
- Ham Sliders - cinnamon spiced apple rings layered with ham on a biscuit.
- The BEST Ham Sandwich - Cheese, jam, ham, and peppery arugula combine to make the best ham sandwich you’ll ever eat!
- Ham and Cheese the French Way - cheesy béchamel sauce poured over the top and then broil until bubbling and melted - wow!
- Homemade Hash - easy to make with leftover ham, potatoes and bell peppers.
- Ham, Onion and Cheddar Quiche - simple to make and perfect for any meal quiche is an easy way to repurpose Christmas leftovers!
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole - egg bakes are always so good! Layered with eggs, ham, cheese, sautéed onions, and jalapeños.
- No Fail Quiche Lorraine - an impressive and easy dish full of melty cheese, crisped bacon and ham, all mixed in a light creamy custard all served flaky buttery crust.
- Don't forget the classics - how about a fried egg with a slice of ham? Always an easy breakfast, YUM!
Delicious casseroles and more recipes
- Southern Collard Greens Recipe - this classic southern dish is full of flavor. This dish is easy to make, delicious the perfect side dish for any meal!
- Ham and Potato Casserole - leftover ham is the star in a simple ham and potato casserole with a delicious cheesy sauce, a great hearty meal!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu - one of our favorite things to make when you have just a slice or two leftover!
- Ham Pot Pie - a fantastic make-ahead recipe with tender potatoes, cheddar cheese and loads of ham!
- Alfredo Ham and Peas - like ham tetrazzini this is rich and creamy this dish is easy to make and delightfully satisfying.
- Ham Potato and Cheese Pie - layers of cheesy sauce, sliced potatoes and puff pastry
- Ham & Broccoli Mac 'n Cheese - comfort food pasta dish smothered with smooth cheddar cheese and combined with ham and broccoli.
What's your favorite recipe using leftover ham?
p.s. Don't forget to save the ham bone, it's the best part! There's so much flavor and it's the start to a great soup!