Baked Ham is an easy meal for Easter, Christmas or even Sunday dinner! It takes very little prep and is a showcase for your table. And I have a confession, as much as we love this meal, we love the leftovers even more! Soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes and more here are delicious tried and true recipes using leftover ham for any meal!
Recipes using leftover ham
My favorite use of leftover ham without a doubt is soup. Of course if you’ve been following the blog for any length of time, that’s no surprise, right?
There’s a ton of great soups and stews on the blog and I’m sharing a few more that are real favorites!
Leftover ham recipes for soup
- Ham and Bean Soup is a great use of leftover ham especially if you are stretching pennies! Ham and Bean Soup is an affordable meal.
- Black Eyed Pea Soup – Loaded with black eyed peas, packed with greens, vegetables and ham, it’s smokey, flavorful and so delicious!
Best leftover recipes ideas for salads
- Ham Cobb Salad – Packed full of fresh baby greens, hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese and ham. Top it with Homemade 1000 island salad dressing, so delicious!
- Caesar salad with Ham – hearty enough to be a main dish, but perfect as a side dish also!
- Creamy Ham and Pasta Salad Recipe – Baby peas add a bright pop of color and crunch. This salad is simple and easy to make!
Sandwiches and sliders
- Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwiches – challah bread stuffed with ham, turkey and cheese, then battered and fried – YUM!
- Ham Sliders – cinnamon spiced apple rings layered with ham on a biscuit.
- The BEST Ham Sandwich – Cheese, jam, ham, and peppery arugula combine to make the best ham sandwich you’ll ever eat!
- Ham and Cheese the French Way – cheesy béchamel sauce poured over the top and then broil until bubbling and melted – wow!
Breakfast recipes – something for everyone!
- Ham, Onion and Cheddar Quiche – simple to make and perfect for any meal quiche is easy to make and delicious!
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole – layered with eggs, ham, cheese, sautéed onions, and jalapeños.
- No Fail Quiche Lorraine – an impressive and easy dish full of melty cheese, crisped bacon and ham, all mixed in a light creamy custard all served flaky buttery crust.
More recipes using leftover ham
- Cheesy Ham and Scalloped Potatoes – leftover ham is the star in a simple ham and potato casserole with a homemade sharp cheddar cheese sauce.
- One Pan Creamy Ham & Peas Pasta – a quick meal loaded with Ham, Bowtie and Peas!
- Alfredo Ham and Peas – rich and creamy this dish is easy to make and delightfully satisfying.
- Ham and Potato Casserole – slathered in homemade velvety cheese sauce make this is classic comfort food.
- Ham Potato and Cheese Pie – layers of cheesy sauce, sliced potatoes and puff pastry
- Ham & Broccoli Mac ‘n Cheese – comfort food pasta dish smothered with smooth cheddar cheese and combined with ham and broccoli.
What’s your recipe using leftover ham?
p.s. Don’t forget to save the hambone – there is so much flavor and it’s the start to a great soup!