Beef noodle soup is a big hearty stew packed with tender, slow-cooked beef, vegetables and egg noodles. It's easy to make and so delicious! Vegetable and Beef Soup is perfect for a lazy day when you're ready to cozy up and enjoy a great meal!
Beef Noodle Soup
For Christmas this year, my gift to Dan was getting our gas fireplace fixed. We bought this house with a beautiful fireplace that is the center of the living room.
But it's never worked correctly!
I had it refurbished and serviced and bought him a chair so he can sit by the fireplace, read and relax. It's been magical!
It's perfect for a cold day or a cozy evening and he is so happy with it! Now granted, we don't get too much cold weather here in Fresno, but for those few months we do, it's the nicest treat and a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the fire!
See how I wrapped that right back to this delicious bowl of Beef Vegetable Noodle Soup! Funny how that happens, right?!!!
Grocery List for Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- roast beef
- egg noodles
- frozen peas
- beef stock
- steak seasoning
- olive oil
Beef Vegetable Noodle Soup
Soups and stews are my jam! I love easy meals that I can put together quickly. I love utilizing leftovers and transforming them into a completely new meal. No one wants to be throwing away food, right?
I figure that's pretty much why you're a reader of my blog! This post - Homemade Soup; A Complete Guide shares all of my tips and tricks to make the very BEST meals!
What kind of noodles do you use in Beef Noodle Soup Recipe?
Egg Noodles are the classic favorite for Beef Noodle Soup, but you can really use whatever noodles are your favorite and you have on hand. Some of my favorites are;
- orecchiette - my personal favorite! This little cup-like small pasta that easily fits on a spoon and holds the sauce or broth deliciously!
What kind of beef is used for beef noodle soup?
Leftover roast beef is perfect. You only need two cups of diced beef. Make a little bit larger roast than you typically would and use the leftovers to make this soup!
I've made this soup with leftover from both the prime rib and roast beef recipes above. This soup is incredibly delicious AND if you have time and can make homemade beef stock? That will make it that much better. This soup is AMAZING!
How do you thicken beef and noodles?
I don't thicken this soup, but I know some people prefer a thicker stew. If you prefer a thick soup, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to 2 tablespoons cold water and whisk until it is completely smooth. Then whisk it into the boiling broth. As it cooks, the soup will thicken.
When thickening with cornstarch, only use cold water. Cornstarch gets lumpy when mixed with warm or hot water.
Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
How do you make Beef Noodle Soup
- Begin by peeling and dicing the vegetables, mince the garlic, dice the roast beef.
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat, add the butter and garlic.
- Add the vegetables to the stock pot, sprinkle with steak seasoning and sauté. Add the minced garlic and sauté just a minute longer.
- Pour in the beef stock and bring to a simmer. Add the meat and continue to simmer until vegetables have softened.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until al dente.
- Remove from the heat, add the peas. Stir in a handful of minced parsley if desired.
More of my favorite hearty soups and stews!
- Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- Beef Bourguignon or Beef Stew
- Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Authentic Posole Recipe Mexican Stew
- Homemade French Onion Soup
- Best Crockpot Beef Stew with Dumplings
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in a variety of affiliate programs, including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
If you're like me, you're freezing a quart of soup or stew right? Click here for the plastic containers I use. They are inexpensive, freeze well and easy to clean!
Beef Noodle Soup
- 2 cups roast beef cooked and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup egg noodles
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp steak seasoning I used Montreal Steak Seasoning - use your favorite!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Begin by peeling and dicing the onions, mushrooms and carrot. Mince the garlic, dice the beef, removing any excess fat.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. When hot, add the butter and olive oil.
- Next add the sliced mushrooms, diced carrots and onions, season with steak seasoning. Saute for five minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Now add the beef stock and water, bring to a simmer. Add the roast beef and continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil, then add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions until just al dente.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the frozen peas. The heat from the soup will warm and cook them perfectly.
- Stir in a handful of minced parsley (if desired). Serve and enjoy!