Remake your favorite comfort food meal into a hearty and delicious new dish! This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe is everything you love about lasagna but is quick and easy to make! Bonus? One pot lasagna soup tastes even better on day two!
PIN IT HERE!!!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
This post has been sponsored by Farberware Cookware, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #Farberware #MyFamilyCooks #Giveaway
Hey friends, today is day two of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! And today I have another awesome package and I’m hoping YOU win! Not only am I serving up a quick and easy Lasagna Soup Recipe, I’m offering you the opportunity to win an entire set of cookware to make it in!
So here’s the deal, if you want to, you’re welcome to scroll to the bottom to enter the giveaway. If you want to hear all about this and more savory delicious soups – read on!
Lasagna is one of our favorite meals, but I confess, I don’t make it often. In fact, I even tried a shortcut and got frozen lasagna and made the mistake of telling my friend Michelle what I did, boy did I get chewed out!
Michelle makes the BEST lasagna and shortly after buying the frozen lasagna we visited her home. During our visit, she made regular lasagna and green chili lasagna! Nothing like having an AMAZING home cooked meal when you’re on a road trip, right?
Michelle spoils us so, she’s even made a few recipes to share on the blog; Mom’s Sunday Gravy, Bracioli – Stuffed Beef and a delicious marmalade jam! And I’m quite sure nobody makes better lasagna than Michelle.
I can’t match her tasty meal, so instead I’m making it my way; into an easy lasagna soup!
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
What type of pasta do you use in lasagna soup?
- campanelle pasta – which has a tube shape with ruffled edges
- broken lasagna – super tasty option
- conchiglie – more often known as shells or seashell pasta
- orecchiette – a small pasta about the size of your finger shaped like a cup
- farfalle – bow tie pasta
- macaroni – delicious, tasty pasta
All of these kinds of pasta are delicious options! My favorite would be conchiglie closely followed by orecchiette pasta. I like these because they both are shaped so they catch the sauce and make each spoonful that much more flavorful.
The pasta I least prefer is is lasagna noodles – believe it or not! Even if you break them up, the pieces are such that they won’t fit onto your soup spoon. Also because they are all different sizes and shapes they won’t cook evenly. When some pieces are done, others will be overdone. My two cents!
Can lasagna soup be frozen?
Yes, I’ve frozen it and it freezes really well. I usually ladle out a quart prior to the first meal and tuck it in the freezer for those days you don’t feel like cooking!
How long does it take to make easy lasagna soup?
About an hour from start to finish. This includes dicing the vegetables, sautéing the beef and bringing it all together. You can save yourself some time by dicing the vegetables and cooking the beef and adding the seasoning and liquids.
That way when you get home, you’ll heat it up bringing it to the boil and add the pasta. When the pasta is done, stir in the ricotta cheese and your meal is ready in a snap!
Grocery list for Lasagna Soup Recipe
- ground beef
- spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasoning
- fire roasted tomatoes
- ricotta cheese
- optional garnish – pepper jack cheese
How to make Easy Lasagna Soup
- Brown the ground beef and drain – season with Italian seasoning
- While it’s cooking, dice the onion, mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms
- When the ground beef is cooked and drained, add the onion and mushrooms and saute. Next, add the garlic
- Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, beef broth and water, then simmer for 30 minutes
- Bring to a boil and add the pasta – cook until al dente
- Remove from heat and stir in the ricotta cheese. Stir until melted – serve and enjoy!
Check out Homemade Soup; A Complete Guide for all of my tips and tricks to make the very best soups and stews! And if you’re looking for great gifts be sure to check this out – 10 BEST Gifts for Cooking Soup!!!
Looking for more GREAT one pot soup recipes?
- Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup
- Easy Potato Soup
- Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- Chicken Soup Instant Pot
Don’t forget before you go, head down to the bottom and be sure to check out this amazing giveaway!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Oven Mitts – a great gift and you can never have too many, these are inexpensive and my favorite color!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 24 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Brown the ground beef, drain if desired.
- Add the Italian seasoning, sliced mushrooms and diced onions. Saute for 10 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for another minute or so. Just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Now add the liquid, spaghetti sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and beef broth. Stir well to combine.
- Increase the heat and bring it to a boil, cover loosely and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook uncovered until the pasta is al dente. remove from heat, stir in the ricotta cheese. Top with shredded mozzarella if desired.
Today’s giveaway is an 11-piece Farberware Glide Cookware Set, and it is awesome! Here’s what’s included in the set:
- 2 sauce pans
- 1 Dutch oven
- 2 skillets
- 3 lids
- slotted turner, slotted spoon, pasta fork
The Farberware Glide Cookware Set has a lot of great features, including:
- Oven safe to 350° F
- Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up
- Shatter-resistant glass lids
- Comfortable handles for a confident grip
- Copper color accents on handles and lid knobs
- Lifetime Warranty
Farberware Copper Cookware Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions: One winner will be receive an 11-piece Farberware Copper Cookware set. Open to US residents to adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered by the sponsor, Farberware. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/14/2018. Enter using the widget below.