Enjoy restaurant quality soup at home! Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe is a quick and easy meal to make. This soup is savory, delicious and full of flavor!
Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
Zuppa Toscana Soup! Have you visited Olive Garden lately? Whenever we do, I usually order soup & salad. It’s always delicious and you get those amazing breadsticks. There are a variety of soups to choose from so it makes decision making even easier, right?
I mean, you don’t have to make a decision, you can sample everything!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
Then I had a great idea – why not make one of my favorite soups at home? Everyone loves Zuppa Toscana Soup. It’s incredibly savory and very affordable – trust me when I say you’re going to adore this soup!
Grocery List for Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Italian sausage
- russet potatoes
- chicken broth
- half and half or cream
- white wine
- bay leaf
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes
Steps to make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Brown the sausage.
- While it is browning, peel the potatoes. Peel and chop the onion. Mince the garlic.
- Next, clean and chop kale.
- When the sausage is browned, add the onions, potatoes and spices.
- Sauté until these veggies just begin to soften.
- Add the kale and sauté for another minute or two.
- Then, add chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half and half. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t like kale? I think you’ll change your mind after trying this soup! But if you’re really not a fan of kale, you can substitute with Swiss chard or spinach.
What can I serve with Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup?
Where did Zuppa Toscana originate? It’s an Italian term and refers to a hearty type of soup in which the main ingredients are mostly vegetables. In America, the Olive Garden has popularized this tasty meal by adding sausage, resulting in a hearty soup with big flavor!
What I love about this soup is that it’s easy to make. It has all the flavors of a slow cooked meal but is done in less than 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal!
More hearty soup and stew recipes!
Zuppa Toscana Soup
Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage mild
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch kale stems removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine suggest using Chardonnay
- Start by by browning the sausage in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- While it is browning, peel the potatoes. Dice, peel and chop an onion, mince one clove of garlic.
- Next clean and chop kale. Remove the stems, chop the leaves into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- When the sausage is done, add the chopped onions, diced potatoes and spices. Sauté until the veggies just begin to soften. Add the kale, sauté for another minute or two.
- Add a splash of wine to the pan to deglaze. Scrape all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken broth. Bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat and stir in half and half.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Another Copycat soup you’ll find on my blog (and the perfect recipe for fall!) is my Butternut Squash Soup Recipe – if you enjoy the soup at Panera Bread you’ll love this meal! Made in the slow cooker, it’s a set and forget soup! Dinner will be on the table minutes after you get home and YOU can take all the credit!