Mexican Coleslaw Recipe – Spicy coleslaw with a tasty twist, you’ll love this easy salad! It’s the perfect tasty side dish or
Hey friends I’m so glad you’re here! It’s time for another fun Freaky Friday Blog Hop! and I’m excited to share this yummy coleslaw recipe. My Greek Cole Slaw Recipe was such a hit, I know you’ll like this one too!
This time I was assigned Lisa’s blog from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish! I’ve
It was just as hard this time to pick a favorite!
It was so hard to choose! So if I didn’t choose the recipe you’re looking for, be sure to swing by her blog and do some browsing. Lisa has wonderful recipes that aren’t too complicated.
It’s right up your alley, trust me!
Mayo-Free Slaw Recipe
Grocery list for slaw recipe
- package coleslaw
- black beans
- red onion
- rice vinegar
- olive oil
Can Mexican Coleslaw be made ahead?
Absolutely, this is a great make-ahead side dish! This keeps in the fridge 2-3 three days and keeps getting better!
Can I use whole cabbage instead of package mix?
You bet! You know I’m just lazy right? Pre-sliced cabbage just eliminates a step.
What is coleslaw best served with?
Barbecue is always a great served with slaw! Some of my favorite meal pairings are:
- Barbecued Pork Ribs – fall off the bone, tender and delicious!
- Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe – loads of big flavor, combine perfectly!
- Fish Tacos – top off the tacos with this salad, YUM!!
- Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs – what a great meal!!
Mexican Coleslaw No Mayo
I made this recipe exactly as Lisa wrote it and we loved it! I also love that it’s a mayo free coleslaw recipe. Keeping it bright and fresh and not weighed down with heavy mayonnaise.
More add-ons for this lovely salad?
If you’re looking to mix it up a bit – add some fresh corn, just slice it off the cob and toss it in. Chunks of creamy avocado? Another great addition! Want to add even more crunch? Add some toasted pepitas! You will love this mayo-free slaw!
Steps to make Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
- Rinse and drain the black beans
- Seed and dice the tomato
- Mince the onion, cilantro
- Add the slaw mix and above ingredients to a large bowl
- Whisk together ingredients for salad dressing
- Pour dressing over ingredients and toss gently to combine
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop
Many thanks to my friend Michaela from An Affair from the Heart for all of the hard work putting together this blog hop! If you get a moment, be sure and stop by her blog too!
Take a look at all of our Summer 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:li>An Affair from the Heart –Summer Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- You’ll need a great knife for all of this slicing and dicing! Click here for the knives I use and recommend.
- Here’s an affordable set of cutting boards for the kitchen.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 14 oz. coleslaw mix
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 1 red onion small – minced
- 1 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup lime juice you'll need 3-4 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Rinse the black beans and drain well.
- Seed and dice the tomato, mince the onion, cilantro and jalapeños. Add the slaw mix and all of the ivegetables and black beans to a large bowl.
- Whisk together ingredients for the salad dressing and pour over the slaw, tossing gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Serve and enjoy!