Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe- tender beef tips with savory gravy. Classic comfort food that is perfect for a weekend supper because it can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. It’s a hearty meal that the whole family will love and it’s simple too with big meaty flavors.
It’s time for our Winter Edition of Freaky Friday! If you haven’t been here for this before, that’s when a bunch of us bloggers – usually 20 or so get together. We are each assigned a blog and get to choose a recipe to make. It’s all a big secret and it’s a lot of fun because we get to pick whatever we want to share!
In the past I made an Authentic Posole Recipe (unbelievable delicious) and a tasty Southwest Chicken Salad Bowl – so good! It’s a fun opportunity to try new thing and get to know our colleagues better. Why is this important to you? Because this blog has links to the BEST of the BEST recipes from all of my friends! (Scroll down to the bottom for the links.)
This time I was assigned Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish! Lisa has a tasty blog with beautiful photography and she serves up delicious comfort food recipes from my old stomping grounds, Minnesota! Right now her blog is full of delicious soups and casseroles, one pot meals and pasta dishes and choosing just one recipe to share? Well that was a real challenge!
Lisa has so many delicious recipes on her blog. I was really drawn to her recipe for Wild Rice Soup (which is AMAZING!) because you know, Minnesota…wild rice…that’s pretty much where it comes from. Then there’s her recipe for Three Cheese Italian Sausage Pasta Bake because when I think of Minnesota I also think about the “hot dish” which is a real thing there. I ultimately decided upon a Instant Pot Beef Tips with Red Wine because…
Well just look at this, need I say more? Lisa’s Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe is hands-down delicious! The stew meat simmers in the Instant Pot (or slow cooker, both recipes are provided below!) until it is tender and succulent. Stirring in a roux at the end thickens the sauce to make it savory and a bit of sour cream makes it super creamy.
Meals that are simple and uncomplicated have big appeal in my book and that’s another reason this tipped the scales for me.
Steps to make Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
- add the stew meat to the Instant Pot (or slow cooker)
- slice the mushrooms and add them next
- add the shallot, garlic, herbs de provence, salt and pepper
- top with red wine stir and add the lid
- cook specific time
- remove the lid, stir in the roux and sour cream
Shopping List for Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
- stew meat
- herbes de provence
- beef stock
- red wine
Simple ingredients combine to make an amazing and delicious meal!
Lisa, thank you for allowing me to share this lovely meal with my readers. I so enjoyed perusing your blog and reading your recipes. Your photography is stunning and recipes mouthwatering!
Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe showcases tender beef tips smothered in savory gravy. Classic comfort food that is perfect for a weekend supper but because it can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker it’s perfect for a weeknight meal too. This is a hearty meal that the whole family will love. It’s simple too with big meaty flavors. Top off mashed potatoes or noodles paired with some delicious greens and you have a complete meal the whole family will love!
More great Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Recipe for Potato Soup with Ham
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
- 2 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 cup mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 1 large shallot shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp herbes de provence
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- mashed potatoes or egg noodles for serving
- Combine beef, sliced mushrooms, shallot, garlic, herbs de provence, salt and pepper in the instant pot.
- Pour wine over the top.
- Place the lid on the the pot and make sure the steam valve is sealed.
- Select the meat/stew function and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the steam.
- Remove the lid and turn on the sauté function.
- Whisk together beef stock and flour.
- Stir into the pot, bring mixture to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
- If you're using your slow cooker - follow the directions above, cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, until meat is very tender.
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
A Dish of Daily Life – Cucumber Salsa
An Affair from the Heart – Arancini (Three Cheese Fried Risotto Balls)
A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures – Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
Bacon Fatte – Spiced Bakery Style Ginger Pear Muffins
Bowl Me Over – Beef Tips and Gravy
The Devilish Dish – Chocolate Covered Snickers Strawberries
Full Belly Sisters – Easy Crockpot Cesar Chicken
LeMoine Family Kitchen – Frittata Ranchera Black Bean Salad
Life Currents – Garlic Sesame Noodles
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Low Carb Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Mildly Meandering – Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup
Plattertalk – Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
Seduction in the Kitchen – Reuben Meatball Casserole
Take Two Tapas – BLT Bacon Cups with Avocado
The Foodie Affair – Pineapple Bread Pudding
West Via Midwest – Spicy Smoke Sauced Shrimp
Who Needs a Cape? – Cheez-It Fiesta Baked Chicken