This classic comfort food is perfect for busy weeknights because it can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. This Instant Pot Beef Tips with Noodles recipe is going to make your weekly dinnertime rotation and will be a family favorite!
If you love this meal, be sure and try this easy recipe for beef noodle casserole next!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This requires just a handful of ingredients.
✔️ Complex flavor.
✔️ Easy to make on the stove top, in your crockpot or electric pressure cooker!
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients! For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- stew meat
- Herbes de Provence
- beef stock
- red wine
This is an overview of the instructions, just follow these easy steps! For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Add the stew meat to the Instant Pot (or slow cooker).
- Slice the mushrooms and add them next.
- Add the shallot, garlic, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Top with red wine stir and add the lid, seal.
- Set on high pressure and cook specific time.
- Remove the lid, stir in the roux and sour cream.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
Beef typically uses stew meat, which is a tough cut of meat. Beef tips uses top sirloin or another more tender cut of meat. However since this is made in crockpot, you're good using stew meat.
Making the gravy for beef tips and noodles is super easy. At the end of the cooking time you'll simply whisk in roux and sour cream and allow it to cook for another 30 minutes.
Yes, you can put raw beef in the slow cooker! As the beef cooks it makes it super tender!
Things to know
- If you're cooking this in your slow cooker, it is best cooked on low for 8-10, rather than on high. The meat will be much more tender.
- Wondering what cut of beef to use? There are several that will work. You can use stew beef, sirloin beef tips, sirloin tip roast, rump roast, top sirloin steak, pot roast, etc. All will result in tender cuts of beef.
- You can use stew meat, round steak, chuck roast or sirloin steak for this recipe.
- Substitute a splash of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce for the red wine if you'd prefer.
- To take this a step further, start by adding olive oil to the pressure cooker. Brown meat first then sauté button mushrooms and saute onions before sealing and finishing the cooking process.
- Want thicker gravy? I gotcha covered! Make a cornstarch slurry using a tablespoon of corn starch with a tablespoon of cold water. Whisk together and stir into the finished beef. Cook until thickened.
Refrigerate - allow to cool to room temperature. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate up to three days.
Freezer - this meal freezes great! Store as directed above and freeze up to three months.
Reheat - thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meals that are simple and uncomplicated have big appeal in my book and that's another reason this tipped the scales for me!
- Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup Recipe - so earthy and hearty!
- Rotel Chicken Spaghetti - easy to make, cheese and delicious!
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken - great for quesadillas, tacos, sandwiches and salads.
- Be sure to try this yummy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff. It's easy comfort food!
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes - this is so simple and completely delicious!
- Instant Pot Beef Tips with Red Wine - super delicious with a yummy gravy.
- Be sure to try this simple Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli Recipe - it's one of our family favorites!
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe - great flavor and leftovers make great sandwiches!
This is a hearty meal that the whole family will love. It's simple too with big meaty flavors. Top off mashed potatoes or noodles paired with some delicious greens and you have a complete meal the whole family will love!
- Instant pot Beef Tips and Noodles are amazing over a cauliflower and potato mash.
- Can't go wrong with a bright fresh green salad.
- Of course you'll want some yummy garlic stuffed cheesy bread to sop up that yummy gravy!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Pressure Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
- 2 ½ lbs. beef stew meat or sirloin tips
- 1 cup mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 1 large shallot shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup parsley fresh parsley, minced
- ½ cup sour cream
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Combine beef, sliced mushrooms, shallot, garlic, herbs de provence, salt and pepper in the instant pot.
- Pour wine over the top.
- Place the lid on the pot and make sure the steam valve is sealed.
- Select the meat/stew function and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick release the steam, release all remaining pressure and remove lid.
- Turn on the sauté function.
- Whisk together beef stock and flour.
- Stir into the pot, bring mixture to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Place beef tips over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles - use your favorite!
- If you're using your slow cooker - follow the directions above, cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, until meat is very tender.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
This post was originally part of a group round up. I was assigned Lisa's Dinnertime Dish to pick and choose a yummy recipe to share with my readers.