Do you love Brazilian pineapple? Then you will love this Air Fryer Pineapple recipe. It's the perfect blend of sweet pineapple and savory cinnamon. It requires just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, making it the perfect treat for any occasion!
Love this? Then be sure to try the Fried Apples too. Better than your favorite restaurant, these are amazing!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This air fryer pineapple recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory, with a delicious tropical twist.
✔️ It's super easy to make and only takes a few minutes from start to finish, making it a great option for anyone short on time.
✔️ This delicious recipe is a terrific side dish and a fantastic dessert with. a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Topping it with caramel sauce makes it the perfect tropical treat!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- fresh pineapple - look for fruit with bright green leaves (not brown). That way, you'll know it's fresh.
- melted butter
- cinnamon powder and brown sugar - if you'd prefer, substitute maple syrup.
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Core pineapple; begin by slicing off the top and bottom of the pineapple, and remove the rind. Then slice long planks. Cut into one-inch pieces. Discard the core.
- Place pineapple in a large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir until melted, add cinnamon, and whisk again.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the pineapple chunks and toss.
- Add pineapple to air fryer basket one even layer. Roast for 12 minutes total, flipping at the 5 and 10 minute mark.
Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to fry in several small batches.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes, you can use an air fryer to cook a wide variety of different types of fruit. Some of our favorites include apples, bananas, pineapples, and peaches.
While many people prefer to remove the rink and outer skin when eating pineapple, there is no harm in consuming it. In fact, the skin of pineapple is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, making it a great addition to any diet. Just be sure to rinse it thoroughly before eating!
The easiest way to cut a pineapple is to use a pineapple corer, and then slice into chunks or rings.
To pick a ripe pineapple, look for one that has a bright, golden yellow color and a fresh, sweet smell. You should also be able to slightly press in on the sides of the pineapple without it feeling too soft or mushy.
Things to know
- Be sure that your pineapple is in a single layer in the air fryer; this allows the pineapple to cook evenly.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream - wala, what an easy dessert!
- The cooking time for this recipe depends on the size and ripeness of your pineapple. Be sure to watch it throughout the cooking process and adjust accordingly.
- To get the best results, be sure to use a ripe pineapple. If your pineapple is not quite ripe, you can place it in a paper bag with an apple or banana overnight to help speed up the ripeness process.
- I have not had good luck with canned pineapple; there's too much liquid.
- You can make this recipe in the oven if you don't have an air fryer! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Pineapple is great on the grill as well! Leave it in slices, brush with brown sugar butter mixture on top of the pineapple slices, and grill five minutes per side until toasted.
- Try dipping the pineapple in melted chocolate for a more decadent version of this recipe.
- Try using different toppings, such as chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg or allspice to the cinnamon sugar mixture if you want extra flavor!
Refrigerate - Store leftover air fryer pineapple in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer - You can freeze cooked pineapple for up to 2 months. Just let it cool completely and store in a freezer-safe bag or container.
Reheat - To reheat, thaw at room temperature and then reheat with a few drops of water in the microwave or oven.
More easy air fryer recipes
Are you new to the air fryer? Don't worry, we have all of your questions answered here - Air Fryer Tips for Beginners.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes - No guesswork for perfectly crispy skin and fluffy insides!
- Air Fryer Bacon - crispy bacon every time without the mess.
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread - it's the perfect amount of butter, garlic and cheese!
Find more tasty air fryer recipes here!
- You will enjoy this Mexican Fruit Salad recipe if you love tropical fruit. It's the perfect blend of sweet and savory, topped with a pinch of red chili powder.
- Are you looking for a delicious breakfast recipe that is light and healthy? If so, look no further than this Papaya Bowl recipe.
- This Blueberry Parfait is an excellent treat with your taste buds singing; you can enjoy it for breakfast or a snack.
- These delicious air fryer pineapple rings are among my favorite side dishes for Korean BBQ Chicken.
- Are you looking for a fresh side dish to pair with this meal? Look no further than this Steakhouse Salad.
- There is no need to heat up the house on a warm summer day when you are craving a sweet treat. Instead give this Hershey's Pie a taste! You will love it.
- Serve with grilled or fried pork chops - yum!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Air Fryer Pineapple
- Air Fryer
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the pineapple. Slice off the top and bottom. Working around the pineapple, slice off the rind. Then slice long planks, leaving the core. Cut into chunks. Place pineapple in large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and butter in small pan over medium heat. Stir until melted, add cinnamon and whisk again.
- Pour cinnamon sugar mixture over pineapple and toss.
- Add pineapple to air fryer basket one even layer. Air fry pineapple for 12 minutes total, flipping at the 5 and 10 minute mark. Remove when toasted!