Easy Blueberry Parfait #SummerDessertWeek
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% my own!
How’s your summer been going? Long hot days and warm summer nights? That’s what we are enjoying here in the valley. It’s been hot, but beautiful too – I love this time of year!
This week I’ve gotten together with a group of bloggers and we are making all kinds of desserts! If you like a little something sweet, you’re going to love the recipes on the blog this week! It’s all about a little something sweet!
Ooh! Before I forget….down at the very bottom of this post is a giveaway! Be sure to enter for your chance to win!
First up for me is this super easy Blueberry Parfait. 10 minutes to make to pure berry deliciousness! Plus you won’t even break a sweat putting this easy dessert together! Who wouldn’t love that?
The recipe to make a Blueberry Parfait is super simple – into the blender go blueberries, chia seeds and sugar. Give it a real good whiz on high until you have a completely smooth texture. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
Next up is the whipped cream. Pour the cream into the mixing bowl, add vanilla and powdered sugar. Whip until soft peaks form.
Fold the whip cream into the blueberry mixture. Pipe into pretty containers and top with whole berries.
When you make whip cream, tucking the bowl and beaters into the freezer for a few moments will make it come together even faster!
I couldn’t say enough wonderful things about this dessert. It is light, airy and fresh. Super easy and incredibly delicious! You can make this with any of your favorite fruit also. Plus it’s fancy enough to make for a dinner party.
I don’t have any fancy parfait dishes, but these little juice glasses work just fine! I love using unexpected vessels when serving something special. Pretty tea cups would also be super cute!
- 2 cups blueberries washed well
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Start by putting the bowl and beaters for the mixer into the freezer. Even if it's only for a few minutes, it will make it easier to make the whip cream.
- Add the blueberries*, chia seeds and 1 tablespoon sugar to a blender. Blend until completely smooth, refrigerate.
- Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and whip on high until soft peaks form.*
- Fold the whip cream into the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon or pipe into pretty bowls or glasses, top with a dollop of whip cream and reserved blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
- *Reserve a small handful of blueberries and a few dollops of whip cream for garnish (if desired).
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.