I couldn't say enough wonderful things about this dessert. It is light, airy and fresh. Super easy and incredibly delicious! The blueberry parfait is fancy enough to make for a dinner party or brunch!
How's your summer been going? Long hot days and warm summer nights? That's what we are enjoying here in the valley. It's been hot, but beautiful too - I love this time of year!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ 10 minutes to make to from start to finish!
✔️ Only a handful of ingredients!
✔️ It's light, airy and fresh!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- chia seeds or crunchy granola, even graham cracker crumbs would be yummy!
- heavy cream
- pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
This is an overview of the instructions for this simple recipe. For complete directions, just scroll down to the bottom!
The recipe to make a Blueberry Parfait is super simple!
- Combine blueberries, chia seeds, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a blender. Blend until completely smooth, and refrigerate.
- Remove the bowl and the beaters from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and whip on high until soft peaks form.*
- Fold the whipped cream into the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon or pipe into pretty bowls or glasses, top with a dollop of whip cream and reserved blueberries.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- electric mixer
Originally made with eggs and cream, this blueberry parfait is much lighter.
A parfait is for dessert; using yogurt would make it a breakfast item.
Both desserts are layered, but parfaits are served in individual glasses and a trifle uses a large bowl.
Things to know
- Placing the bowl and beaters for the mixer into the freezer, even if it's only for a few minutes, will make it easier to make the whip cream.
- Or just use cool whip! 😋
- I don't have any fancy parfait dishes, but these little juice glasses work just fine! I love using unexpected vessels when serving something special. Pretty tea cups would also be super cute!
This is delicious with any fresh fruit! Fresh or frozen strawberries, and blackberries or even peaches would be amazing!
Substitute the heavy whipping cream for plain or vanilla yogurt - it would be delicious for breakfast!
Refrigerate - best enjoyed the day they are made.
- No bake Chocolate Hershey Pie - only 10 minutes to make, this is SO GOOD!
- Easy to make Easter Dirt Cake (decorate it for any holiday!) It's so simple and just plain yummy!
- No bake Lemon Icebox Pie - sweet and delicious!
Well the short answer would be darn near everything!
- If you're grilling bbq tri tip or grilled honey glazed chicken, this would be terrific served for dessert!
- Alongside your meal, be sure to make a couple of side dishes like pan fried vegetables or maybe a nice BLT Pasta Salad (I love this one!)
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
- 2 cups blueberries washed well
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add the blueberries, chia seeds and 1 tablespoon sugar to a blender. Blend until completely smooth, refrigerate.
- Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and whip on high until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whip cream into the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon or pipe into pretty bowls or glasses, top with a dollop of whipped cream and reserved blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
- Reserve a small handful of blueberries and a few dollops of whip cream for garnish (if desired).