Easy Blueberry Parfait
How’s your summer been going? Long hot days and warm summer nights? That’s what we are enjoying here in the valley. It’s been hot, but beautiful too – I love this time of year!
This week I’ve gotten together with a group of bloggers and we are making all kinds of desserts! If you like a little something sweet, you’re going to love the recipes on the blog this week! It’s all about a little something sweet!
Ooh! Before I forget….down at the very bottom of this post is a giveaway! Be sure to enter for your chance to win!
First up for me is this super easy Blueberry Parfait. 10 minutes to make to pure berry deliciousness! Plus you won’t even break a sweat putting this easy dessert together! Who wouldn’t love that?
The recipe to make a Blueberry Parfait is super simple – into the blender go blueberries, chia seeds and sugar. Give it a real good whiz on high until you have a completely smooth texture. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
Next up is the whipped cream. Pour the cream into the mixing bowl, add vanilla and powdered sugar. Whip until soft peaks form.
Fold the whip cream into the blueberry mixture. Pipe into pretty containers and top with whole berries.
When you make whip cream, tucking the bowl and beaters into the freezer for a few moments will make it come together even faster!
I couldn’t say enough wonderful things about this dessert. It is light, airy and fresh. Super easy and incredibly delicious! You can make this with any of your favorite fruit also. Plus it’s fancy enough to make for a dinner party.
I don’t have any fancy parfait dishes, but these little juice glasses work just fine! I love using unexpected vessels when serving something special. Pretty tea cups would also be super cute!
- 2 cups blueberries washed well
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Start by putting the bowl and beaters for the mixer into the freezer. Even if it's only for a few minutes, it will make it easier to make the whip cream.
- Add the blueberries*, chia seeds and 1 tablespoon sugar to a blender. Blend until completely smooth, refrigerate.
- Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and whip on high until soft peaks form.*
- Fold the whip cream into the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon or pipe into pretty bowls or glasses, top with a dollop of whip cream and reserved blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
- *Reserve a small handful of blueberries and a few dollops of whip cream for garnish (if desired).