This Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken is one of my favorite meals to make. This creamy lemon pepper sauce soaks into the chicken breasts, giving you tender flavorful chicken with every bite. You can't go wrong with this simple meal on busy days.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's packed with flavor and perfect for a daily meal that the whole family will love.
✔️ The slow cooker makes it easy to prepare the ingredients and let the chicken cook on its own.
✔️ The lemon pepper seasoning mixed with the cream of chicken soup and evaporated milk makes for a creamy sauce that is plate-licking good.
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cream of chicken soup
- lemon pepper seasoning
- evaporated milk
- lemon juice
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- Spray the crockpot vessel with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk, and lemon pepper seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Add the fresh lemon juice and mix again.
- Add a ladle of the lemon pepper sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and is super tender and juicy. Garnish with minced parsley if desired.
The following are affiliate links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
I prefer to cook chicken on low in the slow cooker. I've found that by cooking on low, you get a more tender and flavorful chicken.
It depends on the size and cut of the chicken you are using. Generally, boneless chicken breasts will take 4-5 hours to cook in a Crock-Pot on low setting.
Yes, you can mix your sauce and add the chicken to your slow cooker insert, cover it with the lid, and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before adding it to your slow cooker.
- I always spray my crock liner well with nonstick spray so that the sauce doesn't stick and the crock is easy to clean. However, you could also use a slow cooker liner if you prefer.
- I also recommend using a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 165 degrees F for safe consumption.
- Garnishes like lemon slices, lemon zest, or even a sprinkle of fresh parsley will add tons of flavor to this healthy recipe.
- I love to serve this chicken shredded over a bed of white rice or egg noodles for a complete meal.
- If you use dark meat instead of chicken breasts, you may need to add some additional cooking time to this slow cooker lemon chicken recipe.
- If you want to bump up the flavor in this recipe, try adding some Italian seasoning or garlic powder when mixing together your sauce.
- You can switch out the chicken breasts and use chicken thighs or even chicken drumsticks instead if you prefer.
- If you want to add a little to your meal, you can add a splash of hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes to your sauce.
Refrigerate - Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up three days.
Freezer - You can also freeze the leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Reheat - To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then warm up in a saucepan over medium heat. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave on 50% power for 2-3 minutes.
The BEST shredded chicken recipes
- This Crockpot Chicken and Gravy is a simple meal to make when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This easy recipe will quickly become one of your favorite comfort foods!
- This easy slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe makes the most yummy shredded chicken and you can use the leftovers to make delicious chicken fried rice!
- Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot is perfect for busy weeknights!
- Loaded with cream cheese and bacon, Crockpot Crack Chicken is perfect on a burger bun for an easy meal.
- Crockpot Angel Chicken has the creamiest gravy. It's so savory and delicious! Super easy, when you want to get dinner on the table quickly.
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes is one of my favorite crock pot meals to make when I need something hearty but quick to prep. But the whole family loves it.
- This Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is a healthy slow cooker recipe that will have your family rushing to the table to devour this simple meal.
- I love to serve these pan fried vegetables with a meal like this crock pot lemon pepper chicken for a light dinner. They are flavorful and crispy, and even picky eaters will love them.
- I love to serve healthy meals like this one with a simple fresh side dish like these Steamed Brussel Sprouts. They come together quickly and take very little effort to make. You can't go wrong with this side.
- This Butterscotch Pudding Dessert is of my go-to simple recipes when I am craving something sweet at the end of the meal, but don't want a heavy dessert.
Hey if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts can substitute 8-10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 10.5 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 lemon juiced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Spray the crockpot vessel with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and lemon pepper seasoning. Add the fresh lemon juice and mix again.
- Add a ladle of the lemon pepper sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top and pour over remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and is super tender and juicy. Shred or not shred the chicken; that's up to you!
- Garnish with minced parsley if desired. Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.