You’re going to love this tender, delicious Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe that’s sweet and spicy! What makes it even better (and easier!!)? It’s all made in the slow cooker! This simple weeknight meal is 100 times better than take-out, make it tonight!
Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken
Oh my goodness, you’re going to love the newest recipe on the blog! Sweet and spicy, stuffed with vegetables and all kinds of good stuff. What makes it even better?
It’s made in the crockpot! Super delicious and easy? YES!!
This amazing recipe comes to me via my buddy Erin from The Speckled Palate because today is….. Freaky Friday Blog Hop!
Michaela from An Affair from the Heart organizes this event. She gathers a group of bloggers and assigns each of us a blog. We hunt through our assigned blog and find a recipe to share. It’s a big secret until the reveal, which is today!
This round I was assigned Erin’s blog and I had so much fun checking out her blog and learning more about her.
What strikes me about her blog first (beyond the amazing photographs of all of the delicious food) is Erin’s photo. She has the most beautiful welcoming smile and I know if we ever sat down, we’d quickly become fast friends!
Similar to Bowl Me Over, the Speckled Palate her focus is fresh ingredients, easy recipes and simple entertaining. You’ll definitely want to check it out because I know there are a ton of recipes that will catch your eye!
When it came time to choose, it was tough! I really had my eye on her Authentic Gumbo Recipe! The roux is dark and complex and it is fabulous. If you’re looking for a yummy recipe, check it out!
And then I spied her recipe for Cream Biscuits with White Sausage Gravy. Talk about comfort food, totally my kinda meal!!
So many delicious recipes, I finally decided on Honey Sriracha Chicken Rice Bowls – tender chicken in a sweet spicy sauce. I really felt like it’s a recipe that you would enjoy as much as we have!
Honey Sriracha Chicken
What does Sriracha taste like?
Have you never tried it? It’s one of my favorite condiments! Sriracha is spicy and tangy with a light garlic flavor. It’s not a stretch to say I put it on most everything! Eggs, potatoes, mixed with mayonnaise for a spread, yup! It’s delicious!
- chicken breast – you can certainly substitute chicken thighs if that’s your meat of preference.
- cornstarch – thickens the sauce while it cooks in the crockpot
- yellow onion and red bell pepper – adds just the right amount of vegetables in this tasty meal.
- honey – the sweet and sticky addition for the sauce!
- Soy sauce, Worcestershire and Sriracha sauce – pantry ingredients to make this amazing sauce.
- garlic and red pepper flakes – for flavor and spice.
Steps to make
- Dice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, toss with the cornstarch.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker along with the onion and red bell pepper.
- Make the sauce – Combine the honey, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha sauce, granulated garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Whisk to combine and pour in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for six hours until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
How to serve Sriracha Chicken Recipe
Serve it simply over rice with steamed vegetables. Simple and delicious, it’s an easy meal!
This is also a great recipe for meal prep! Dice the chicken and vegetables on Sunday. Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a screw top jar and refrigerate until you’re ready to make the meal for dinner that night.
Your meal will be ready in a snap!
Leftovers – refrigerate or frozen?
Actually you can do both. Well sealed, leftovers can be refrigerated up to three days or frozen for up to three months.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
More recipes from the Blog Hop!
I know you’ll want to take a minute and check out some of the other participants in the event! I’ve listed them below, along with all of the great recipes they are sharing. I hope you find some new favorites!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links, however, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Glass Freezer Containers – great for meal prep to eat on the go. They are great freezer container too and seal well to optimize leftovers!
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe
Honey Sriracha Chicken Rice Bowls
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a bowl, toss in the cornstarch and set aside.
- Place the diced chicken in the slow cooker, add the onion and red bell pepper. Toss to combined.
- Now make the sauce. Combine the honey, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha sauce, granulated garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Whisk to combine and pour in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for six hours. (or four hours on high)
- When the chicken is done cooking, turn the slow cooker to the WARM setting.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.