Chicken Fajitas Fiesta Time!
Today as we're heading into a long weekend, I'm going to hook you up with some excellent Chicken Fajitas plus 5 more recipes, so you can have the BEST meal with the most delicious food!
Trust me you're going to be set!
I love fajitas, don't you? Chicken Fajitas are an easy weeknight meal and the leftovers are fabulous!
Fajitas are also great for a party and easy to make at home. You can purchase a fajita marinade, but why not make your own? You can control the sodium plus get fabulous flavor with just a little effort!
The marinade is easy to make. You'll start with the spices - cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic, salt & pepper. Mix that with a little lime juice and olive oil and that's it!
If you're serving a crowd, double the recipe and put the veggie and chicken in separate Ziploc bags. That way you can cook them to the right "done-ness" more easily. Also if you have a vegan or vegetarian diners, then you won't have to make a separate dish!
Aren't the colors of the peppers and onions beautiful? This meal is simple and quick! And you know what....if you're lucky enough to have some leftovers, they make a killer omelet on day two!
Or here's another idea add the leftover fajitas to a bowl of crunchy lettuce. Add salsa and a bit of sour cream - instant salad!
I've even used leftovers to make Fajita Soup, I do love leftovers! 😀
And remember I said I was going to hook you up? Here is the rest of the meal - a cocktail, guacamole, rice and beans - even a recipe for mini churros! Check this out!
Every party needs a cocktail! Let's start this party with a margarita! In fact, make a pitcher - you can find the link here from An Affair from the Heart!
To wrap up the party let's go back to the Foodie Affair for Mini Churros!
Are you set? All you need now is music, let's get this party started!
- 2 chicken breasts sliced or cubed
- 2 bell peppers your choice - red and orange or yellow and green, thinly sliced - just mix it up!
- 1 jalapenos pepper minced - (if you aren't a fan of heat, remove the ribs and seeds. That's where the heat comes from)
- 1 onion cut into slivers
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- corn and/or flour tortillas
- Prepare & slice/dice the chicken. Put in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Slice the peppers and onion - add them to the chicken, set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper into a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over chicken and peppers, seal tightly and mix the marinade throughout the bag to combine.
- Put the bag into a large bowl (just in case it springs a leak!). Flip the bag a couple of times to distribute the marinade.
- On a hot grill or with a heavy fry pan, heat to medium/medium-high and fry until the veggie are just crisp and the chicken is cooked thru.