Fun and festive this candy is sweet and a perfect tidbit for the holiday! Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for a holiday cookie swap and a fun treat for a Christmas party! Get the kids involved so they can decorate their reindeer!
Next time try Pretzel m&m Hugs - these are amazing! Salty and sweet they are the perfect holiday treat!
Why you'll love this recipe
For this recipe, I used pre-made treats, however, if you want to make homemade Rice Krispie Treats, then by all means do! Get out the large pot, melt butter and marshmallows, mix in the crispy rice cereal, spread it in an even layer in the pan, then go for it!
I was lazy! 😂
Everyone loves this classic treat, they will be a hit for the holidays!
✔️ Like the Christmas Charcuterie Board it's fun & festive!
✔️ Your kids will enjoy helping!
✔️ Easy to make treats for Christmas parties, cookie trays and holiday fun!
Before you get started, be sure you have enough candy eyes, m&m's, popsicle sticks and pretzels for each Rice Krispie Reindeer Treat. You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- Rice Krispy Treats - purchase pre-made or make your own, slicing them into 2"x3" bars.
- Candy Eyes - there's a link below under equipment for these.
- Red nose - red m&ms candies or skittles for the reindeer nose.
- Mini Pretzels for the pretzel antlers.
- Brown Candy Melts, almond bark, melting wafers or semi-sweet chocolate chips (see notes under variations if you're using chocolate chips.
- wooden popsicle sticks - found at most craft stores and some grocery stores.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Microwave safe bowl - I have a couple sets of these bowls and use them all the time.
- Popsicle sticks - be sure to use food-grade sticks.
- Edible candy eyes - there are several different sizes, just get what looks good to you!
The texture is best the first day, but packaged in cellophane and well sealed, they will last up to three days.
Be sure and place at least two thirds of the pretzel on the rice Krispy treat so it's well balanced. Additionally adding the pretzels right away will ensure it's plenty stick so it will adhere well.
They are usually readily available, even at the grocery store this time of year, BUT if you can't find them, simply use m&m's - that would be super cute as well!
- Make sure you have enough candy eyes before you get started. You'll need two for every treat.
- You'll need one red candy for the nose - be sure you have enough there as well.
- Count out the mini pretzels too!
- If you want the reindeer "antlers" to be covered in chocolate, dip those pretzels first, allowing to harden completely.
- If you're using chocolate chips, be sure to add a teaspoon of vegetable or corn oil to the chocolate before melting.
- Using a fork, dip and coat in chocolate. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on parchment paper until the chocolate hardens. This will take 5-10 minutes.
- Dip them in white chocolate, that would make such a cute little reindeer and perfect for the holiday season!
- Skip the chocolate dipping and use cocoa Krispies instead.
Refrigerate - treats until they are completely set. Store in an airtight container or wrap individually in clear cellophane wrap and tie with festive ribbon. These treats are best served at room temperature.
Looking for more Christmas cookies, candies or treats? Here are some of my favorites!
- Chocolate Covered Cashews - the most amazing chocolate candy you've ever tasted, perfect for holidays or anytime you need a tasty bite!
- Rolo Stuffed Sugar Cookies - rolled in red or green holiday sprinkles these are the easiest cookies because they start with pre-made cookie dough!
- Haystack Candy is super easy to make. It's hard to believe it starts with crunchy noodles!
- White Chocolate Dipped Oreos is a simple treat and just the best combination!
Step by step instructions
30 minutes 30 minutes
Fun and festive Christmas Rice Krispie Treats. Fun to decorate and tasty too!
- Melt Chocolate
Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave and melt at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir. Add an additional 15 seconds, stirring between each interval until the candy is smooth and melty.
- Insert popsicle sticks
Dip the tip of popsicle sticks into the chocolate and then into all of the treats. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes for the candy to harden.
- Dunk treats
Next dunk the treats into the chocolate and coat them completely. Shake off the excess chocolate and place them on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Decorate treats
Immediately add the decorations before the chocolate starts to harden. Add two eyes, m&m nose and pretzels antlers. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate until completely set. 30-60 minutes.
- Wrap Treats
Allow the melted candy to harden completely. If you're giving as gifts, wrap treats in clear cellophane wrap or bags. Tie with a pretty holiday bow!
Check out the YouTube Video to see just how these yummy treats are made!
Super yummy Strawberry Sandwich Cookies - another treat that takes a shortcut by using dough. These are amazing and so pretty!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!