Just like your favorite restaurant this version of Carrabba's Minestrone Soup Recipe is an easy soup that you can put together in a snap!
Next time try this easy potato soup recipe - another delicious meatless meal!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Delicious and nutritious.
✔️ This hearty soup is low cal and guilt free!
✔️This easy soup recipe is a perfect lunch or dinner and tastes even better on day two.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- red bell pepper and green bell pepper
- kale or spinach
- cloves garlic
- canned kidney beans or white beans
- fire roasted tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- vegetable broth
- Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
- olive oil
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- In a large stock pot over medium sauté the zucchini, onions, peppers and garlic until they just begin to soften
- Add the beans, garlic, kale and spices and continue sautéing for again for a couple more minutes.
- Next add the stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and loosely cover.
- Simmer on the stove for about an hour stirring occasionally.
- Check and adjust seasoning - you may need a bit more salt and pepper.
This meal can also be made in the slow cooker. Just add all of the ingredients, cover and simmer on low for four hours.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The beans mostly commonly used are cannellini beans, navy bean or kidney beans.
The beauty of this soup is you can use most any veggie you have on hand.
This soup contains prosciutto and chicken broth. If you'd like a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth instead and omit the prosciutto.
This is a great make ahead soup because on day two, it tastes even better!
Add a bay leaf to the soup as its simmering on the stove. Remove before serving.
Additional fresh vegetables include; medium potatoes, large stalk celery, fresh green beans or eggplant.
Drop a Romano rind or parmesan rind into the soup as it simmering. That will give it a ton of flavor.
Refrigerate - allow to cool completely, store in an airtight container for up to four days.
Freeze - this freezes will up to three months.
Reheat - thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- You should definitely try is Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup mmmm! This one is so good! Have you tried either of these yet?
To make the best homemade soup, check out Homemade Soup; A Complete Guide.
In this free resource, I've compiled all of my knowledge about soup; hints, tricks and soup making tips to help you make the very best soups and stews at home!
- Delicious served with skillet cornbread, because who doesn't love great cornbread - so amazing!
- A bright crisp Caesar Salad also pairs nicely. A hearty chop salad is another great choice!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Copycat Carrabba's Minestrone Soup
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups kale chopped (spinach is a great substitute)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large stock pot over medium heat add oil and sauté the zucchini, onions, peppers and garlic until they just begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, garlic, kale and spices - Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and continue sautéing for again for about 2 more minutes.
- Next add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and loosely cover. Simmer on the stove for about an hour stirring occasionally. You may need to add more water to soup - just keep an eye on it. After an hour, check and adjust seasoning - you may need a bit more salt & pepper.
- If you enjoy pasta in your Minestrone Soup cook it separately and add it to the soup before serving. If you cook them together, it will absorb all the sauce. Be creative and use your favorite vegetables, enjoy!