Rich and delicious easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is meaty, flavorful and hearty! This thick, decadent soup takes only 30 minutes to make on the
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Have you ever eaten at Tahoe Joe’s? It’s a local steakhouse chain & we ate there a
It was delicious and both my hubby and I had a full meal – soup, salad, entree even dessert….
One bite of it and he pushed the bowl at me and
After one spoonful I said, this needs to be my next soup, huh? He just smiled, grabbed his bowl, nabbed the spoon out of my hand and pulled the soup back to his side of the table!
My caesar salad wasn’t quite as delicious after that. 😢
It was time to make this soup at home and actually recreating this recipe was really easy!
I had some pre-cooked chicken breasts on hand – (check!) onions, carrots, celery and peas – (check!) chicken stock and cream (check and check!) time to get cooking!
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- chicken – precooked, leftover rotisserie chicken works perfect!
- carrots, celery, onion – also called mirepoix, it’s the beginning of many a perfect soup!
- frozen peas – for bright freshness, you’ll add them at the end.
- garlic – adds a pungent and spicy flavor.
- bisquick – this pre-made biscuit mix will thicken and flavor the soup.
- chicken stock – better than water, stock or broth adds full flavor to this meal.
- heavy cream – for creamy goodness
- olive oil, butter – to sauté the vegetables.
- pie crust (optional) – every chicken pot pie should have a great crust! Using pie crust makes it fun and tasty!
- salt, pepper, turmeric, chicken granulated bouillon – will season and flavor this soup!
Steps to make soup recipe!
- Start by dicing the veggies and mince garlic.
- Add to a large stockpot along with butter, olive oil
andseasonings. Sauté until soft.
- Now add Bisquick and cook for at least two minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, scraping up the golden bits on the bottom of the pot to thicken and release the flavor.
- When thickened add the frozen peas, cream
andchicken, warm thru.
- Serve with baked pie crust rounds.
BEST Chicken Pot Pie
And the topping, those little stars? Well they are simply store bought pie crust cut into stars – you know, even the kids would eat this because it makes it fun!
What goes with pot pie?
A great salad is a terrific side for this meal, here are some of my favorites!
Yes, you could use crackers, but the pie crust is buttery and tasty and makes the soup that much better!
Chicken Pot Pie
This is super thick – after all it is Chicken Pot Pie Soup – so if you are looking for more “soupy” soup, reduce the flour to 1/2 cup or add more chicken stock.
Either way, you serve it, you’re going to LOVE this soup!! Flavorful, hearty and creamy – the whole family will be happy with this meal!
You know soup is my jam, right? Well if you want all of my soup-making tips and tricks? Be sure to click here!
You know me, I love Soup – after all Soup is Good Food!
Love Pot Pie? Me too! Here are a few more recipes to try!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- extra large bamboo cutting board – perfect for cutting veggies!
- soup and side bowls – I have two sets of these bowls and we love them!
- Farberware Glide Cookware Set – easy to use, these are an affordable set and I’ve even given this set as a gift!
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you! I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 7 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken granulated bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric this is optional, it adds great nutrition and also a beautiful golden color.
- 2/3 cup bisquick
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 store bought pie crust
- Start by preheating the oven – cut the pie crust into shapes if desired and bake according to package directions – remove & allow to cool.
- Chop the vegetables & mince the garlic. Place a large stock pot over medium heat. Add butter & olive oil. When hot & bubbly add the vegetables, all of the spices and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bisquick and cook for another couple of minutes, mixing very well – cook it until it's a golden brown – this will remove the flour taste and really develop the flavors. It only takes a couple of minutes.
- Then add the stock – scrape the bottom of the pan as you'll want to remove all of the golden bits on the bottom of the pan – that's where the flavor is at! Continue to stir and cook – it is SUPER thick!
- Cook for about 3-4 more minutes then stir in the frozen peas, diced chicken and cream. Stir well to incorporate and remove from heat. It's ready to serve – top with pie crust!!