Easy Vegetarian Buddha Bowl with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
Today I’m sharing with you an easy vegetarian Buddha Bowl – it’s super simple and uses easy ingredients, from your pantry and fresh veggies. This is a post I shared on Feeding Big a couple weeks ago and now I get to share it with you! (If you haven’t checked out Cynthia’s blog then you definitely should – lots of deliciousness there!)
This meal inspiration started from a visit to my farmers market. (We’re lucky here and our market runs year-round!) This visit to the market netted a TON of delicious bites like beautiful greens, nuts and lemons and I loaded up!
When I came home I decided it would be easiest to toss together a simple Buddha Bowl for dinner. If you haven’t had a Buddha Bowl, you’re in for a treat! Basically they are grains, greens, legumes with other vegetables and maybe a handful of nuts on top!
What I like about this bowl is you’ll use items you already have in your fridge and pantry and because I enjoy making meal time simple, I’m hoping you can relate!
And remember I said simple? You can certainly cook the rice, but I took a shortcut and used a microwavable packet. It’s a perfect serving for two and it it was done in 90 seconds – who doesn’t love that?
From there I added cannellini beans and a handful of spinach to each bowl and topped with tomatoes, radishes, olives and cucumbers.
Next I made the vinaigrette – greek yogurt, lemon, parsley and some spices – whirled it up in the blender until it was combined and everything was creamy and drizzle-able (that’s a word, right?!!).
More delicious meals in a bowl from the blog!
Just like that and dinner is done! This delicious bowl contains everything you need for an easy meal for two! Before we get to the recipe, I wanted to share….
What else has been cooking at Bowl Me Over?
Don’t forget the podcast, that was super fun! I was interviewed by Stacey from Little Figgy of the Fare Traveler. This was the first time I participated in a podcast! You can check it out here.
Easy Buddha Bowl with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 2 can cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- Assorted toppings, bell pepper, sliced olives, chopped cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and chopped onions use the vegetables you have on hand
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 7oz. container plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon about 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Divide the brown rice, beans and greens between two bowls. Top with optional vegetables.
- Make the vinaigrette - add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to the blender except the olive oil and water. Pulse to combine. Drizzle the olive oil in while the blender is processing. Add the water one tablespoon at a time until the salad dressing is creamy and easy to drizzle.
- Serve topping the salad. Leftover salad dressing will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
Last weeks bites were –
Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich – so delicious, the poached egg makes all the sauce you need for this bite of breakfast heaven! We’ve enjoy this for breakfast several mornings. It’s easy and just fabulous, I hope you give it a try!
Steamed Brussels Sprouts – This is a great how-to store, clean and cook steamed Brussels Sprouts. The recipe is easy, quick and delicious. Brussels sprouts are a perfect side dish! Enjoy them now, they won’t be around fresh much longer!