Chicken Soup Instant Pot Recipe – Are you craving a hearty bowl of soup but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen? Instant Pot Chicken Soup is done in a snap. It’s easily made and so delicious. Chicken Soup is a classic, comforting meal that your whole family will enjoy. Easy slow cooked flavor in just 30 minutes, this Instant Pot Chicken Soup is done in a flash!
Can you believe it is still snowing? It’s April! Seriously, living here in the valley it can be challenging to share meals others will be interested in when I’m dancing around in shorts! Yes it’s was 84 degrees here yesterday and just beautiful. The flowers are blooming and birds are chirping. I have the MOST amazing display of iris’s blooming right now in my front yard! BUT because there are still areas that have snow – it’s definitely timely to share this recipe. Wouldn’t you agree?
So…. Instant Pot Chicken Soup is on the menu today! – what?…. No Instant Pot? No problem! I also have a recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup on my blog that is made on the stovetop and only takes 20 minutes to make. Stove top or Instant Pot – Chicken Soup is always a great meal!
I have a confession and this is something you’ve probably figured out. We eat soup year-round. Even in the heat of the summer I enjoy making and eating soup. Do I sound crazy? Maybe, but I know this is one of the reasons I’ve succeeded in my weight loss goal! at the first of the year Dan and I both set a goal to loose weight. My goal was to lose 15 pounds by March 31st – Dan’s goal was 20. Dan lost 23 and I lost 14 pounds! I consider that a BIG WIN!
This soup is so hearty and filling but is relatively guilt free! After each recipe on my site you’ll see the calorie and nutritional breakdown – can you believe this hearty bowl of chicken soup has less than 300 calories per serving? That’s crazy! Just look at how delicious this is!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Tips
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup takes just a bit of cleaning and chopping vegetables.
- If you don’t have the vegetables from the recipe below, substitute with your favorites – green beans, zucchini, chopped cabbage instead of Brussels sprouts, but load it up with veggies and make this a hearty meal!
- Be sure to cut the vegetables uniformly – that way all of the vegetables will cook evenly and fit on one spoon.
- Adding a squeeze of lemon and a handful of chopped parsley will brighten the flavors of your soup, making your homemade meal even more delicious!
- Use a rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken picked clean from the bones.
Here’s how easy it is to make Chicken Soup in the Instant Pot. You’ll start by frying the bacon – use the sauté function on your instant pot. Next chop the vegetables. Next you’ll toss in a handful of noodles. And because this soup is done in a snap, some rotisserie chicken and chicken stock.
On goes the lid. Set the valve to seal and manually set the timer to 3 minutes and let the Instant Pot do all the work!
When the timer goes off do a quick release and the soup will be done. Yup! That simple and that delicious!
Shopping list for Chicken Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- rotisserie chicken
- brussels sprouts
- tomato sauce
- chicken stock
- green onions, parsley, lemon (optional)
I hope you really enjoy this meal! If you are looking for more chicken soup recipes, come join me on the blog! There are plenty more easy and delicious soups like Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup (amazing!) or a super easy Chicken and Dumpling Soup! Better yet, just click on this link and it will bring up a list of amazing Soups for you and your family to enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty bowl of soup that won’t take you all day in the kitchen! It’s done in a snap, easily made and oh so delicious. Chicken Soup is a classic, comforting meal that your whole family will enjoy.
Chicken Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 1 onion yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots peeled (if desired) and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cleaned and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parsley minced
- 3 green onions diced, both green and white parts
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 6 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch red pepper flake
- Dice the bacon add to the Instant Pot turn on sauté. Sauté the bacon until crispy. Drain the excess oil from the pan. Keep the bacon in the pan
- While the bacon is frying, prepare the vegetables.
- Peel and dice the onion and carrots. Clean the Brussels sprouts, quarter the Brussels sprouts.
- Dice the celery and red pepper. Slice the mushrooms and green onions.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the Instant Pot along with the bacon. Onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, red pepper and Brussels sprouts. Add the black and red pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Stir well and seal. Change setting to manual and time to three minutes. After the timer is done, do a quick release.
- After the steam is released remove the lid. Add the frozen peas (no need to unthaw, the heat from the stew will quickly cook them. Add the minced parsley, sliced green onions and fresh lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Here are a few more delicious recipes for Chicken Soup that I think you will enjoy!