Easy to make Butternut Squash Pasta with sautéed Brussels sprouts, leeks and mushrooms. The creamy sauce is simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Next time try Chicken Spaghetti Recipe - another super easy, delicious meal!
Why you'll love this recipe
So in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta, this sauce will come together in just 20 minutes and makes an incredibly flavorful pasta! Leftovers....seriously? Well even though leftovers are great....eating the same thing day after day isn't! 😀 So are you ready to get cooking?
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Butternut Squash Soup
- veggie spaghetti noodles
- mushrooms, leeks, brussels sprouts
- heavy cream
- Romano & Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- red pepper flakes
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Start by putting a large pot of water on to boil. Season with salt, add pasta. Cook to al dente.
- While you're waiting for it to come to a boil, clean and slice two leeks, mushrooms and a handful of brussels sprouts.
- Using a large skillet, add a couple teaspoons of butter and olive oil and when it's hot & bubbly, add in the vegetables. Season with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Add one cup of butternut squash soup to the vegetables, a bit of cream and some Romano & Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta liquid.
- Mix pasta and sauce together well. Really take the time to work the sauce through all of the pasta. If it starts getting to "stiff", add some pasta water and that will loosen up the sauce.
That's it - you're done! This meal takes only about 20 minutes - it's fancy enough for a crowd, hearty and delicious and you're using leftovers! How amazing is that?
Don't have leftover soup? No worries - your local grocery store; Von's, Safeway and Trader Joe's all have good butternut soups that would work great as a substitute!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes, it's a great combination with spaghetti.
Sautéed mushrooms, leeks, Brussels sprouts all go well with this sauce.
Absolutely! If you prefer to use spiraled noodles instead of pasta, that's a great substitution.
Save a cup of pasta water when you drain the pasta. If the sauce gets too stiff, add in the reserved water.
- Reheat - this is easy to reheat in the microwave. Heat in intervals, stirring in-between.
- Refrigerate - Store leftovers in an airtight container refrigerated for 3-3 days.
- Freezer - Leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months.
If you love a great pasta dish here are more of my favorites!
- Taco Spaghetti Recipe - perfect for taco night, this casserole is a family favorite!
- How about a great meal? This is the Ultimate Chicken Casserole Recipe - tender noodles in a creamy so - so yummy!
- Teriyaki Noodles Recipe - these are better than takeout! Super easy to make, this is another 20 minute meal.
- Be sure to try Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta - this is another 20 minute meal, it's easy but fancy enough for company. Completely delicious!
- This Tuna Casserole Recipe is so creamy and rich, it's a meal your whole family will love!
Let's start this meal off with a great appetizer!
Grab a bagged Caesar salad or make a fresh green salad to serve alongside the meal.
Sourdough bread (this recipe is super easy, it's no-knead) or dinner rolls would go so nicely with the Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe.
Dessert can be as easy as Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - enjoy!
Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 cup Butternut Soup
- 1 12 oz package veggie spaghetti noodles
- 1 16 oz package sliced mushrooms
- 2 leeks
- 6-8 brussels sprouts
- ¼ cream
- ¼ cup each - Romano & Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Fill a large stock pot with water and place on the stove on high. While you're waiting for this to come to a boil, clean and slice the leeks, brussels spouts and mushrooms. Heat a large skillet over medium/medium high heat on the stove. Add the butter & olive oil. When melted, add the vegetables and season with salt, pepper & red pepper flakes. Stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta water is boiling, season with about a tablespoon of salt and add the pasta.
- Back to the sauce. Add the butternut soup to the vegetables and the cream. Stir together well. When the pasta is done, reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain the pasta. Immediately add the pasta to the sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and mix together really well.
- If the sauce gets too "stiff" add the reserved pasta water one ladle full at a time until it loosens up.
- Serve with additional cheese to pass if desired!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Published: Nov 4, 2015 - updated to improve instructions Sept 26, 2021