Sofritas Chipotle Potato Skins
Sofritas are sautéed peppers, onions and garlic. Combined with crushed tofu and the soft fluffy flesh of baked potatoes and stuffed into potato skins, ummm can you say YUM? Sofritas stuffed potato skins are a spicy, savory, meaty tailgating treat that will be a big hit! Whether you’re watching the game at home or having a parking lot picnic before the game, this is a tasty bite everyone will love!
October is officially Tailgating month! Last year I offered up Lambeau Leap Beer Brats – gotta love a great brat slow cooked with onions and garlic, bathed in beer and grilled.
My colleague from Life Currents heads up this campaign. She’s offered up many tasty bites – the latest was Pizza Pull Apart Bread that looks AMAZING! and there are many additional food bloggers participating.
If you’re looking for inspiration just use the hashtag #TailgatingSnacks – you’ll see GREAT ideas for super easy game day grub!
So this year I’m sharing an amazing Sofritas Chipotle Potato Skins Recipe! The sofritas are stuffed inside a potato skin, but you can also enjoy the sofritas in a bowl, inside a burrito, taco – you name it Sofritas are a spicy, tasty dream!
Here’s a close up of the Sofritas, they have amazing flavor – big spice but not too hot. Stuffed inside potato skins super yummy for tailgating food or tossed on a salad your everyday dinner. These are simple to prepare.
October is Tailgating Snacks Month 2017
Hosted by Life Currents
- October 12 Chili Relleno Dip Skillet by Take Two Tapas
- October 14 Soft Pretzel Beer Cheese Dip by Mildly Meandering
- October 14 Healthier Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip by Full Belly Sisters
- October 16 Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce by Life Currents
- October 18 Low Sugar Chicken Meatball Parmesan Sliders by Seduction In The Kitchen
- October 20 Sofritas Chipotle Potato Skins by Bowl Me Over
- October 22 Loaded Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip by Who Needs A Cape?
- October 23 Easy Tortilla Pinwheels by The Devilish Dish
- October 24 Philly Cheese Steak Dip by An Affair from the Heart
- October 24 Touchdown Chorizo Queso Dip by LeMoine Family Kitchen
- October 25 Baked Turkey Meatballs with Green Chiles by Hostess At Heart
Sofritas Chipotle Potato Skins
- 1 lb tofu firm
- 1/2 bell pepper red
- 1/2 bell pepper yellow
- 1/2 onion sweet yellow onion
- 6 russet potatoes baked
- Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chili
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the Russet Potatoes well. Rub with a touch of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pierce the skin several times. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 35-40 minutes until tender. Allow to cool.
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain well on a paper towel. When well drained dice into a half inch dice.
- Slice the onion in half and peel off the skin. Roughly chop. Add to the food processor.
- Slice the bell peppers in half, remove the seeds. Roughly chop half of each and add them to the food processor.
- Peel the garlic, roughly chop - add it to the food processor along with the chipotle chili. Pulse and process, scraping down the sides until everything is finely chopped.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté for about five minutes.
- Add in the tofu, spices, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil and simmer stirring often.
- Slice the potatoes in half, scoop the insides of the soft fluffy potatoes directly into the sofritas and continue to simmer - about 15 minutes longer. Stir it often to combine all the flavors.
- Serve potatoes skins heaped with all of your favorite toppings - avocado, cheese, green and red onions, olives, chopped cilantro - tons of options, all are delicious!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
More delicious ideas for snack food? YES! I got you covered! Here’s today’s pairing guide.
What to make for a tailgating party? Cuban Sliders are sweet, buttery, salty, tangy, spicy, cheesy & amazing! They are perfect for game day!
Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip is perfect for tailgating and the easiest recipe you’ll make! In addition to being delicious, it’s affordable and feeds a crowd. Perfect for a party and an easy make-ahead!
My Texan friends Russel and Nicole say I’ve spoiled them and they can’t eat regular chicken wings now because this recipe is the BEST!! Chicken Wings and Blue Cheese Dip – Take them to your Superbowl party to be the hit of the crowd!