Roasted carrots recipe with tender spears of asparagus that are bursting with natural sweetness. This easy recipe is the perfect side dish for most any meal!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Fresh flavors with bright, sweet carrots and crisp asparagus!
✔️ Spring veggies and a very simple recipe - yum!!
✔️ The perfect side for most any meal!
I love this recipe because it's perfect if you're throwing together a casserole for a weeknight meal or making a fancy Easter dinner. The vegetables are crisp and not overcooked, and it couldn't be easier to make!
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients. Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- Regular carrots - if you use baby carrots, slice them in half.
- fresh asparagus spears
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- grated parmesan cheese
Simple steps for this recipe. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. For easy clean-up line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prep vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the carrots and asparagus with olive oil. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Toss the vegetables again to mix
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. Toss them halfway through the cooking time for even roasting.
- Once roasted, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- large sheet pan
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
It's because the vegetables aren't dry before roasting. After you're done cleaning the asparagus, the best way to dry them is to pat them dry with paper towels.
No, there's no need to boil the asparagus before roasting in the oven.
Make sure the vegetables are completely dry prior to roasting. If not they will turn out soggy and not caramelize.
- Preheat the oven well so it's HOT when you put the vegetables in the oven.
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice or lemon zest would be a great addition to this recipe.
Refrigerate - Refrigerate for 3-4 days covered in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Freezer - roasted vegetables do not freeze well. It's best to eat them while they are fresh.
Reheat - I actually enjoy them cold as a snack, but you can reheat in the oven or microwave. They will not crisp up again.
- I always say if mama says "eat your veggies" start with these Pan Roasted Vegetables. They are simply amazing!
- Kung Pao Vegetables are good with whatever you're serving.
- 3 Ingredient Steamed Green Beans are so simple and SO GOOD!
- These yummy spring vegetables are perfect for Easter dinner with a glazed ham.
- Serve with Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs or Shake n Bake Pork Chops. What an easy side dish!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel here! You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
Have you tried these yummy veggies? If so, I would love it if you would comment and share your thoughts below!
Roasted Carrots and Asparagus Recipe
- 4-5 carrots peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 pound of asparagus trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese optional, for topping
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots and slice them in half. If they are large carrots slice them again into quarters.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced carrots and trimmed asparagus with olive oil until well coated. Sprinkle with the seasoning - salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried Italian seasoning. Toss the vegetables again to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not crowded to allow even roasting.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. Toss them halfway through the cooking time for even roasting.
- Once roasted, remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish. If desired, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese while the vegetables are warm.