This is a sponsored post – any opinions or ideas are expressly my own!
Everybody knows I’m a BIG football fan and fall is my time to chill on Sundays – love sitting back and cheering on my Green Bay Packers and watching ALL the games. Yes it’s my laziest of lazy days – friends know not to call on Sundays because….I’m watching football and on those few occasions when I’m NOT watching, it’s usually because the Packers have a bye that week – I love football! 😀
And of course there is always food involved! Whether it is a big pot of tailgate chili, pico de gallo or yummy fajitas – you name it, great food is required for a faublous day of football! 😀 Now if you are a football fan or just enjoy hanging out, chicken wings are always a favorite tailgate snack! And I have a new recipe for you today – so easy, you’re just going to love it!
I was sent a big box of yogurt from Chobani and I’ve been having tons of fun making some great meals with it – todays challenge is to create a tailgate recipe….so yeah….I got that!
I kept it simple because we all know it’s best to have the focus be on the game, but you have to have GREAT eats to go with! So I started by par-boiling the wings, then grilling them and basting with a glaze made simply with store bought bbq sauce mixed with Mango Jam and Sriracha Sauce.
The dipping sauce (because you can’t have chicken wings without a GREAT dipping sauce!) is super simple too! One container of Chobani Mango Yogurt, fresh mango, mango jam, sriracha sauce and just a tough of cilantro. Perfect! It’s got that whole sweet/hot thing going on and these wings are delicious!
Wanna make these to watch the game at your house? Well, here’s the recipe and if you want more great recipes from using that yummy Chobani yogurt, just click here! And GO PACK!!
Mango Chicken Wings
- 10-14 chicken wings
- Wing Sauce Glaze
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- ½ cupmango jam
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 5.3 oz container Chobani Mango Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Mango Jam
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mango finely chopped
- For the Chicken Wings
- Put the chicken wings in a large stock pot. Add enough water to just cover the wings. Set the pot on the stove over high heat, uncovered and bring to a boil, reduce to a low boil for 10 minutes. Remove and drain well. Parboiling keeps the wings succulent and tender, not dry! This is easy and sooo much better than deep fried!
- While the wings are cooking, mix together the Wings Sauce Glaze in a large bowl, set aside. Also mix together the Dipping Sauce.
- Toss the wings in the sauce until they are completely coated. Spread the wings out on a broiler pan lined with foil or your grill if you're tailgating
- Broil or grill them for about 6-8 minutes on side one. brush them with more sauce, flip, again adding more sauce and broil side two, about 7-8 minutes or until they have great caramelization.
- Serve with the Mango Dipping Sauce - next.....sit down in front of the TV with a big platter of wings and enjoy watching the game!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
*Want super tender chicken? Whether that be wings, a broiled chicken, etc. Marinate the chicken overnight in yogurt – similar to buttermilk, it helps tenderize the chicken and is super flavorful!